• UK

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • US

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
For me UK. To be honest I don't know much of US bands, however I have some of the albums from there. But for me lots of brilliant bands comes from UK and at some point Brits managed to get into mainstream quicker. Hard Rock was the best in UK IMO.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Alot of the bands on the US list I like ALOT!!

But I gotta go with the UK ...on the whole I find that our UK friends do music a little bit better.

I'm more fond of music from Europe anyway (or American bands that think, write and play European).

:grinthumb

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I'm split here. I was born and grew up in the UK, and am here again now, but most of my best years listening to music was when I lived in the US. It's remarkable how a relatively small country like the UK has produced imo at least 50% of the greatest rock acts in history, but then would any of them have even existed if it wasn't for primarily USA based origin music? (jazz, blues, gospel, soul, C&W etc) So probably as it's a poll question just about the 70's, then I'll say UK, but if it was the 60's, then it would be the USA, no contest, you look at the sheer number of all time great acts the US produced in the 60's, it's just a phenomenal number, though I guess the 3 biggest (Beatles, Stones, The Who) were all Brits.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
In 60s British invasion was quite huge, not forgetting The Kinks, Herman's Hermits, Zombies and Yardbirds. But if it was 60s I would surely vote for US - Iron Butterfly, The Doors and Steppenwolf are epic winners.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Difficult choice but I went for U.S .....in the 70s bands like ANGEL,STARZ,RIOT,KISS,AEROSMITH etc were really special to me....[.and still are]

Last edited:

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Of course, UK. For me, the listed British groups - it's a real geniuses, many of whose became the first (and the best) in their genres. And all Americans are on the list (besides the Great and Terrible Alice) - just very, very good rock bands...and that's all. By the way, Nololob, why in the English list is no place for "Queen"?2_sm8.gif

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Kansas is a fabulous band, and so is Blue Oyster Cult...this is hard but I'll have to vote for the UK but not by a wide margin.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online