2012 Rolling Stones Farewell Tour???

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
The Rolling Stones are set to announce their last world tour, to coincide with their 50th anniversary as a band.

The as-yet-unnamed farewell tour is set to last until 2012, 50 years after the Satisfaction rockers formed in 1962.

A source close to the Stones said they were in talks with concert promoter Live Nation., "They're likely to perform in stadiums,” the insider said of the group. “It's almost certainly the last full-scale world tour. The band realize that age is creeping up on them. They want to bow out on top of their game, and not short-change their fans."

By the time the tour is over, drummer Charlie Watts, the oldest Stone, will be nearing 71. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards will be almost 68, while baby of the band Ronnie Wood will be 65.

The aging foursome have built up a reputation in recent years as one of rock’s hardest working bands, synonymous with lengthy world tours such as their 144-date Bigger Bang tour which ran for two full years from August 2005. It generated over £361 million, making it the highest-grossing tour of all time, according to Billboard magazine.

The Brown Sugar rockers did a farewell tour in 1971 before relocating to the south of France to avoid paying high taxes. But this time, it’s the real deal.

Rolling Stones To Retire | The Rolling Stones | News | MTV UK

NCDm8.jpg

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score
They need to hang it up. They sound HORRIBLE live--especially Mick.

Whaaaa----? They're still the world's greatest rock 'n' roll band!

But they ain't what they used to be, that's for sure. I think Mick has actually done a good job of keeping his voice in shape. When you're in your sixties, your voice just ain't gonna be the same as it was when you were in your 20s though, no matter what you do.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Hopefully they'll release an album soon. Nonetheless, I think the Stones long run is coming to an end.

:(

Their catalogue of hits hasn't aged at all, however.

:pant

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They need to release a new album with this,they have unused material that will keep them going for years.

Also...Keith will never stop touring.

God bless The Stones.:bow:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I think it's time, and I didn't realize how old Charlie was, 71 and still rocking that is something to be proud of.

I saw them over ten years ago, the first show sold out so quickly they booked another one for the next night. And they came back the next summer as well. If this is the final tour I fervently hope they do not pull a stunt like "The Who" did years ago. They announced more than once this is the absolute beyond any doubt last tour...and they are still touring now, with Pete and Roger being the only surviving members left.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
They are only band out of my top 10 bands that are still alive and not disbanded. Gotta see them live. I wasn't so lucky to be teenager at the peak of their career, but atleast I'll be there to say goodbye.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online