10 Classic Rock Bands Who Deserve More Respect

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It's called "the Switzerland Approach"...Lynch.:D

And for the permanent record nothing any critic has ever said good bad or indifferent has affected my enjoyment or lack there of in any of my music.:grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
A lot of the bands on the list got thier respect back in the day IMO. Two the stand out for me are Black Oak Arkansas and Spirit.

Spirit was a band ahead of the times back in the '60's. The article states the band as "eclectic" though it doesn't state progressive. The UK bands seem to get all the accolades for the developement of prog but Spirit is never mentioned with them. Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus would me pick for thier best album.

Wolf

Reaction score
Two Canadian bands Steppenwolf and the Guess Who but some may consider the Wolf American.

9 US bands and one Canadian, I must strongly disagree with that list as I'm sure there are lots of bands not only American.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
John Kaye was born in Germany I think but grew up here and so did Jerry Edmonton...but the other Steppenwolf members were Americans I think Wolf...I could be mistaken been a long time since I thought about that one.

Wolf

Reaction score
Kay lived in Canada after fleeing East Germany and Jerry Edmonton and Goldy McJohn are both Canadian. Michael Monarch is from the USA and I think bassist Rushton Moreve was also from the USA. Second bassist Nick St. Nicholas who was in the Sparrow with the above except Monarch and Moreve before it turned into Steppenwolf left W.Germany for Canada. I may be off but it's close.

John Kaye was born in Germany I think but grew up here and so did Jerry Edmonton...but the other Steppenwolf members were Americans I think Wolf...I could be mistaken been a long time since I thought about that one.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That sounds right to me...so they are like Foreigner, made up of members from two different countries...but if you want to call them a Canadian band, I'm down with that.:cheers2

Wolf

Reaction score
I'm on the fence, they made it big in the USA and actually were the Sparrow in Canada playing a tamer tune. They came to the USA as the Sparrow and it died and turned into Steppenwolf a few months later. When Monarch joined he put the amp on 10 and away they went. Dennis Edmonton (Jerry's brother) was the guitarist in the Sparrow.

^^That sound right to me...so they are like Foreigner, made up of members from two different countries...but if you want to call them a Canadian band, I'm down with that.:cheers2

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get them being on this list at all. :wtf:

The Raspberries did release four albums, plus they were REALLY good.

The mere fact we're debating their relative merits probably is a good reason to include them as needing more respect.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online