ZZTop to release 4 song EP in June

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

You’ll get to hear the full-length version of ZZ Top’s new single ‘I Gotsta Get Paid‘ next Tuesday (June 5), when they release the four-track digital EP ‘Texicali.’

Along with the single, ‘Texicali’ includes the new songs ‘Chartreuse,’ ‘Over You,’ and ‘Consumption.’ Fans purchasing the EP will get a pro-rated discount on the purchase of the band’s long-gestating full-length album when it is released. There’s still no official title or release date for that project, by the way.

Guitarist Billy Gibbons insists the band is excited with what it has in store for fans. “We were itching to get some new music out before the full album release; making available these four tracks seems like a good way to accomplish that most expeditiously,” explained Gibbons in a press release.

“Dusty, Frank and I are happy with what’s been accomplished in the studio so we figured we’d provide some hot and tasty ‘hors d’oeuvres’ before the main course is served this fall.”

In the meantime, ZZ Top is on the road headlining the Gang of Outlaws Tour, along with supporting acts 3 Doors Down and Gretchen Wilson. We’re assuming there will be plenty of Jeremiah Weed at the concession stand.

zztop300.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That is a great lookin' drum kit...saw Deguello today in my vinyl store...not sure if it's just a re-issue or the Audiophile release so I didn't buy it.

I sure hope the new album is a throwback to Tres Hombres or Tejas...that would be refreshing.

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
They're so great. Up there with AC/DC in terms of a band who stay true to their sound without ever boring fans of old or new. I agree with LG, except my "hope it sounds like it" comparison would be Deguello. One of the definitive southern rock albums of all time. Or Fandango, that would do to.

2012 will be a good year if we get a great 'Top album.

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
...I need to qualify that a little given the likes of Eliminator and Afterburner. They eventually were true to their sound anyway.

Saw them at Download festival in the UK a couple of years back on a burning hot summer afternoon. They blew Def Leppard (headliners) offstage,

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I was going to offer Deguello but figured I'd throw Tejas out instead Coltrane.:D

I saw the Deguello tour, one of the best concerts I've been to easily.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I will be looking at this and the new album, can't wait for the new album, as LG says hope they harp back to the old days:)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online