• Yes

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 54.3%

• Total voters

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
IMO, ZZ Top's music - it's a blues-boogie-rock with distorted guitars (as like as Cream, Bad Company or Humble Pie). In compare with Deep Purple, Rainbow (from 1975-1978 period), UFO, Whitesnake or AC/DC - it's not a hard-rock.

Frands

Reaction score
Nope, ZZ Top's early music style has roots in blues, but Since their debut album was released in 1971, ZZ Top has become known for its strong blues roots and humorous lyrical motifs. ZZ Top's musical style has changed over the years, beginning with blues-inspired rock on their early albums, then incorporating New Wave, punk rock and dance-rock, with heavy use of synthesizers.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
What Vader said,...

I used to have a friend who would say " I don't like Metal " so I pointed out he liked Dio, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and WASP.
He kept on insisting that " those bands are NOT Metal "
Basically only because he liked them.
Same thing in claiming hard rock bands that are Blues based are not hard rock.... the trend is now to call anything that is rooted in the Blues ....Blues Rock or even Blues while denying that a good portion of those bands fall into the Hard or Heavy Rock category.
I remember back in the day the old Blues players venomously denied that blues based rock bands were Blues.

Almost all hard rock bands ARE Blues based. Im obviously aware that you already know this...just saying.

Last edited:

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
I used to have a friend who would say " I don't like Metal " so I pointed out he liked Dio, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and WASP.
He kept on insisting that " those bands are NOT Metal "
Basically only because he liked them.
Same thing in claiming hard rock bands that are Blues based are not hard rock.... the trend is now to call anything that is rooted in the Blues ....Blues Rock or even Blues while denying that a good portion of those bands fall into the Hard or Heavy Rock category.
I remember back in the day the old Blues players venomously denied that blues based rock bands were Blues.

Almost all hard rock bands ARE Blues based. Im obviously aware that you already know this...just saying.

Once again,...what Vader said!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online