ZZ TOP’S BILLY F GIBBONS PLANNING TO RELEASE NEW SOLO ALBUM THIS YEAR

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
ZZ Top winds down a five-date Las Vegas residency at The Venetian Theatre this Saturday, April 28, part of a busy 2018 schedule for the Texas trio that also includes the upcoming Blues & Bayous co-headlining tour with John Fogerty. While his band will be spending lots of time on the road this year, frontman Billy F Gibbons also may release new music from not one, but two side projects in 2018.

First of all, Gibbons tells ABC Radio that a follow-up to his 2015 solo debut, Perfectamundo, recorded with his backing group The BFG’s, is in the works. The 68-year-old Rock & Roll Hall of Famer says the new album will focus on a different musical genre than his last one.

“Following the success of Perfectamundo, which was our stab at taking a piece from the Cuban influences…they’ve said, ‘OK, we’ve done this Cuban thing, can you go back to your bluesier roots?'” he explains. “And we’ve decided to do just that. So, hopefully summertime we’ll see something BFG and blue coming out.”

Meanwhile, back in 2013, Gibbons reunited with his pre-ZZ Top band The Moving Sidewalks to play a handful of shows, which led that group to hit the studio and start recording some new music that has yet to be released.

Regarding that material, Billy says, “[H]opefully that’ll see the light of day. Probably this year.”

Source: zztop.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite the overuse of auto-tune on Perfectamundo, I thought it was a great album. I was really happy that Billy's solo album was not just another ZZ Top record with his name on it - that said, I'd love a new ZZ Top record, obviously.

Hoping that The Moving Sidewalks material finally sees the light of day!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can only hope it has far far far less auto tune. The last album was good but it was bogged down by the auto-tune to me.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online