Yuck!!!

Fisha

Reaction score
Well I can only speak for Australian idol, it is generally rubbish but has produced a couple of good musicians. This one here is lisa mitchell who was on Australian idol as a 16 year old, she came about 6th or so but since then has become one of the leading female australian vocalists.

One of the major problem with it is that it's unashamedly opposed to alternative. On the last season there was one man and he sung coldplay, radiohead, muse and a multitude of other alternative artists music. The judges straight out said, you need to stop singing such alternative music cause no one listenns to it. That is the closest I've ever been punching the TV

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Sorry Sooty, I just don't need anything AI has to offer, I hate all reality shows equally, that is my perspective. Time is precious, and I have no trouble finding ways to spend it on things I do enjoy.

Magic has introduced me to the Worthy artists that she found through Idol, I will read your new thread like I always do, but Pop rock is not my thing.

:grinthumb Sorry I agree with you LG, I never understand the appeal of reality shows....I have watched a few but they are so phoney and the whole idea of them annoys me...

I watch Gene Simmons a bit because I like seeing everyone bring him down s peg lol..but other than that,, I could live w/o it.

I don't even want to get started on American Idol , because it's popular with so many/don't need anybody pissey at me ...but I'll say that I don't feel I've missed anything ..it's not music to my ears ...those people on there don't appeal to me in anyway..I've heard some on the top 40 I'm forced to hear at work..NOT missing ANYTHING...but thats my opinion...:peek so whatever ,,,

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Staff online

Members online