Yuck!!!

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Semi-line dancing to Alice Cooper's "School's Out" and then he comes out singing horribly off key. American Idol is putrid tonight. Go Lee! Not that he's that great. I can't pull for a girl who butchered a Janis Joplin standard.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
To paraphrase Jerry Seinfeld...

"I have not watched one episode of American Idol... in my entire life...ever!" :D

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score

"I have not watched one episode of American Idol... in my entire life...ever!" :D

Excepting (Vincent) Alice Cooper, all of the pros are really making the Idol performer look like the amateurs they are.

For what it's worth dialidol has Lee winning 52% to 48% and has accurately picked the previous eight winners.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice to have some company Dave, me either and it's going to stay that way.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Seems to me that, over the years, there have really only been a very small few who could really sing, let alone sing and play an acoustic guitar. And I'm not just talking about the winners. I'm also talking about some of the people who've been sent home early.

I'd like to think AI could find some real talent out of all those auditions they hold throughout the U.S., and I think the show could do better if they really tried, but it seems to me it's more about "the show" and "drama" than finding true talent. Rather, they just let the "talent" come to them and let the show take its own course. Then again maybe anyone with any real talent is sending their demo MP3's to the record labels via E-Mail and bypassing the show altogether. Maybe AI is left with the high school kids who don't want to drop out of school and hit the Sunset Strip for three or four years. So those are the kinds of singers the record companies want to sign and have them churn out corporate pop and sing National Anthems at Super Bowl games for Fox till their contract is up. Ok... rant over. :heheh:

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
This is Simon's last show and picking an Idol winner is an afterthought.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Seems to me that, over the years, there have really only been a very small few who could really sing, let alone sing and play an acoustic guitar. And I'm not just talking about the winners. I'm also talking about some of the people who've been sent home early.

I'd like to think AI could find some real talent out of all those auditions they hold throughout the U.S., and I think the show could do better if they really tried, but it seems to me it's more about "the show" and "drama" than finding true talent. Rather, they just let the "talent" come to them and let the show take its own course. Then again maybe anyone with any real talent is sending their demo MP3's to the record labels via E-Mail and bypassing the show altogether. Maybe AI is left with the high school kids who don't want to drop out of school and hit the Sunset Strip for three or four years. So those are the kinds of singers the record companies want to sign and have them churn out corporate pop and sing National Anthems at Super Bowl games for Fox till their contract is up. Ok... rant over. :heheh:

Plenty of artist can play an instrument off the show and do so right on the show itself. It's a pop show an unapologetic about that. So if the artist has a rock edge they'll end up being pop rock. The talent is there and I believe the view that it isn't just has to do with hating the pop genre. Great artist like Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have excelled beyond even being former A.I. contestants and have proved they are both capable of longevity. I also believe Daughtry, Adam Lambert and even Bo Bice (who is continuing on the indies) have a true love for music and will continue to create something solid for years to come. :grinthumb

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Plenty of artist can play an instrument off the show and do so right on the show itself. It's a pop show an unapologetic about that. So if the artist has a rock edge they'll end up being pop rock. The talent is their and I believe the view that it isn't just has to do with hating the pop genre.
That could very well be for some people. I don't hate the "pop genre" nature of the show, but I guess I don't hear the same thing the audience and judges do when I hear some of these contestants sing and/or play guitar. Then again I haven't watched an entire show so my opinions are based solely on what highlights the news channels include in their programming.

I guess I just have to keep in mind that not everyone can sing like Carly Simon or play piano like Tori Amos. Or Clay Aiken. :heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online