3. The Who - Endless Wire
4. Scorpions - Humanity: Hour I
5. Glenn Hughes - First Underground Nuclear Kitchen

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
Here's my list:

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth/Year Zero
I was a die hard NIN fan back in the day and when With Teeth was released, I was psyched. I have not heard anything new from them since The Fragile and I just had to get my hands on it... and then I listened to it. With Teeth is not a bad album but it was a major disappointment compared to the early days. When Year Zero came out I gave up completely on NIN and came to the conclusion that Trent stopped doing anything that interests me. Music with a political agenda can work if there's some actual deep thought put into it. When it's just a series of shallow, barely satirical cheap shots at everything the lyricist hates, you can kind of tell the difference. Now that Trent has gotten over hating himself, his anger toward the rest of the world has nothing to balance it out.

Rush - Caress of Steel
As I have admitted many times, I am a Rush fanatic... but Caress of Steel was a major disappointment for me. Compared to their other albums, this was a snooze fest with the exception of Bastille Day and Lakeside Park. Thank goodness 2112 came out the next year to liven things up.

Rammstein - Rosenrot
The previous Rammstein albums did not fail to amuse me... until Rosenrot was released. This album lacked the edge from their previous albums that made them so incredible and entertaining. I was so bored of this album that I can't even remember what the tracks sounded like. I just remember the dull feeling in the pit of my stomach listening to it. :zzz:

Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band - Strictly Personal
Beefheart's debut Safe as Milk was an incredibly solid musical treasure to the ears. Strictly Personal was the second album and like I have mentioned in the last two entries, it was a bore fest. Nothing on this album really stands out with the exception of the song Safe as Milk (which was not originally released on the album it shares the same title with.) The lackluster production is a major factor. Say what you want about Trout Mask Replica but at least that album had some substance that kept things lively. There is none of that on Strictly Personal. Even Don was disappointed in how the album turned out. When even the guy who made the album considers it a let down, you know you're talking about something bad.

... and that's all that I can think of off the top of my head. If I can think of any more, I'll be sure to add it to this list.

Rockperson

Reaction score
Def Leppard - Adrenalize
Used to really like Def Lep, after the quality of their previous albums, out came this album and I was never interested any more.

Scorpions - Eye II Eye
The Scorpions had a patchy few albums through the 90`s, none more than this, their worst ever release.

Loverboy - VI
A disappointing release from one of my favourite bands, too many fillers for my liking.

Journey - Generations
Some good songs on this but the use of all members to contribute vocally was a poor surprise. Some very good songs but too disappointing overall.

Foreigner - Can`t Slow Down
I love Foreigner, Kelly Hansen is great, seen them live and they are top notch but I was more disappointed in this release than most, very melodic but nothing really stands out for me. Give me a few more years and I will probably have changed my opinion.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^The only album I have off your list is Adrenalize RP...you are right those are pretty limp offerings considering the pedigree of the bands you posted.

FireandWater

Family Man
Reaction score
Bad Company -Rough Diamonds
KwWRKr4ttKnfHlscLMfZBqywfaEYo4zUddsK2tAiNM2zJg&t=1.jpg

Just isn't the same rockin' Bad Company that the first couple of albums showed us.

UFO -Live on Earth
Live_on_Earth_cover.jpg

I was hoping to relive some old UFO tracks that were live. This is a double album so you can attempt to get your moneys worth. This if compared to Strangers in the Night would just make you laugh...garbage.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Rush - Hold Your Fire A few good songs but the keyboards are turned up way too high, Alex's guitar too low. Thanks Geddy.

Heart - Brigade Yes the wheels were already falling off the Wilson wagon before this, but Brigade is the album that made me resign myself to their older work. Pure crap. "All I Wanna Do" makes me ill..worst Heart song ever.

Ratt - Reach for the Sky Wow does this suck. I was a huge Ratt fan back in the 80's and threw up in my mouth a little after hearing this mess. Literally one play and the cassette (yes, tape) was out the window. Never liked the band since.

Def Leppard - Hysteria Probably going to get shelled for this one. High & Dry and Pyromania were such great hard rock albums, I was expecting more of the same from Hysteria. What I got was an overprodouced, softer radio friendly DL, featuring way too many love songs. It sold like crazy and many fans love it, but I do not.

Soundgarden - Down on the Upside After enjoying all their previous offerings, this just didn't have much appeal. Gave it a few tries but other than Pretty Noose it has never done anything for me.

Abraxas

Reaction score
Magnum - Princess Alice And The Broken Arrow

Rush - Hold Your Fire

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

Hardnecker

Reaction score
5. Their Satanic Majesties Request by the Stones...After the acid wore off, it turned out to be really, really bad.

4. Street Legal by Bob Dylan...It has some good songs, but ultimately disappoints, especially coming after 3 of the best albums of Dylan's career.

3. Let it Be by the Beatles...Alright, so they had these long Get Back sessions, and THIS is the best they could pull out of it? Three masterpieces, several mediocre tracks, and a bunch of gag songs.

2. Loaded by the Velvet Underground...I really wish they had stopped calling themselves "The Velvet Underground" after Cale left. This album is way too poppy. Still a great album, but ultimately disappointing in the grand scheme of the Velvets.

1. The Weirdness by the Stooges...I remember it so well, the Stooges were making a new album and the anticipation was killing us...and then this is what came out of our speakers.

I think any band now days would sign up for that. Ageed, not their best but consider the circumstances. Not the best atmosphere to create music.

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Rush - Hold Your Fire A few good songs but the keyboards are turned up way too high, Alex's guitar too low. Thanks Geddy.Heart - Brigade Yes the wheels were already falling off the Wilson wagon before this, but Brigade is the album that made me resign myself to their older work. Pure crap. "All I Wanna Do" makes me ill..worst Heart song ever.

Ratt - Reach for the Sky Wow does this suck. I was a huge Ratt fan back in the 80's and threw up in my mouth a little after hearing this mess. Literally one play and the cassette (yes, tape) was out the window. Never liked the band since.

Def Leppard - Hysteria Probably going to get shelled for this one. High & Dry and Pyromania were such great hard rock albums, I was expecting more of the same from Hysteria. What I got was an overprodouced, softer radio friendly DL, featuring way too many love songs. It sold like crazy and many fans love it, but I do not.

Soundgarden - Down on the Upside After enjoying all their previous offerings, this just didn't have much appeal. Gave it a few tries but other than Pretty Noose it has never done anything for me.

I will agree that the keyboards were too prevalent but most of the songs on here were good and the cd itself sounds fantastic. Force Ten, Time Stand Still, Open Secrets, Lock and Key, Mission, Turn The Page and High Water all are strong cuts. How Geddy plays that bass line and sings on Turn The Page is mind boggling.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online

No members online now.