Richard Wagner
Ludwig van Beethoven
Dmitry Schostakovich
Camille Saint-Saëns

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Nice list North, Shostakovich is one of my favorites too.:mn:

Fernando Sor was early romantic period. He revitalized the guitar in classical music. He was considered the best guitarist of the entire classical period and was the building blocks of the modern guitarist. I'm a big fan of classical guitar and all modern classical guitarist play Sor's works.

Thanks, I don't have many classical guitar pieces in my collection.

Neshabur

Reaction score
I'll try to do my list of top composers in no particular order:
Johannes Brahms
Ludwig Van Beethoven
Maurice Ravel
Charles Ives
Igor Stravinsky
Aaron Copland
Claude Debussy
Richard Strauss.
Generally, I prefer to listen to romantic and modern composers and even some twelve tone composers as Schoenberg, Berg and Webern.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Johannes Brahms
Ludwig Van Beethoven
Maurice Ravel
Charles Ives
Igor Stravinsky
Aaron Copland
Claude Debussy
Richard Strauss.
Generally, I prefer to listen to romantic and modern composers and even some twelve tone composers as Schoenberg, Berg and Webern.

I`ll have to give this some serious thinking and get back to you on my own top ten @Neshabur...:grinthumb

Neshabur

Reaction score
I`ll have to give this some serious thinking and get back to you on my own top ten @Neshabur...:grinthumb

Thanks Joker! In two weeks, I will have the pleasure to visit the southern Finland and so I'll visit Sibelius House Museum in Hameenlinna where Jean Sibelius was born about one hundred and fifty years ago. He is another composer that I appreciate much.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Thanks Joker! In two weeks, I will have the pleasure to visit the southern Finland and so I'll visit Sibelius House Museum in Hameenlinna where Jean Sibelius was born about one hundred and fifty years ago. He is another composer that I appreciate much.

sound wonderful dude...

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Johannes Brahms
Ludwig Van Beethoven
Maurice Ravel
Charles Ives
Igor Stravinsky
Aaron Copland
Claude Debussy
Richard Strauss.

Hi @Neshabur I haven't forgotten just with employment, household duties, my health, holiday and family issues I just haven't had time to sit a think about my ten composers sorry! sometime this week I`ll find the time somehow lol...

RhyeInTheJar

Reaction score
My top 2 composers are Beethoven and JS Bach. Really, they are almost interchangable depending on what mood I'm in.

I also like

Haydn. Poor Joe doesn't get as much recognition as he should these days. He's barely a millimeter behind Mozart in talent.
Mozart
William Byrd (highly underrated keyboard guy, but his masses get a bit samey)
Domenico Scarlatti.
Handel
Chopin
, although I have to be in a receptive mood. he can bore me if I'm not in the mood for piano music.
Rameau. He's on the bridge where the Baroque is merging in the Classical period.
Brahms, although to be honest almost all the Romantic era composers like Schubert, Mendohlsson etc are about equally good.

I haven't yet explored the 20th century Russian composers like Shostakovich etc so I can't rate them.

I also enjoy many of the French composers of the late 19th century like Faure, Debussy etc. but you can only fit so many into a Top 10

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online