Your Most Expensive Concert

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
360.00 for a pair of seats for The Dixie Chicks.

Really...that's 90 bucks per butt cheek.

For that kind of money, I should have gotten to bring one home.
Maybe she could've came with you backstage, but you definitely wouldn't have got any "action" from her if ya know what I mean...lol.:grinthumb

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Coachella, nearfest and pearl jam 20 festivals are my most expensive tickets. Add in travel and hotels it was lots on money

Individual shows
$135 for Peter Gabriel at radio city I was 3rd row.
Spent $150 to see Neil young and crazy horse at small venue but it was cancelled.
Been to a bunch of around $100 shows

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
How was it?

It was amazing! The thing with sitting that far away was that you could see all of the projections on the wall very clearly.. You kinda got the full effect especially when the airplane came crashing into the wall after In The Flesh, because we were sitting directly opposite and at the same level as the airplane itself. So we saw it the whole way down which was cool.

mrJim

Reaction score
June 1992 Ramones/Forgotten Rebels, St Catherines Ontario Hideaway Nightclub. my memory is that we paid almost $60-$70 for those tickets. 1992 dollars, and after the concert I would have paid 3 or 4 time that for those tickets

rtbuck

Reaction score
June 1992 Ramones/Forgotten Rebels, St Catherines Ontario Hideaway Nightclub. my memory is that we paid almost $60-$70 for those tickets. 1992 dollars, and after the concert I would have paid 3 or 4 time that for those tickets

Hey Mr. Jim... I'm just curious on this show if they came back a year later but I seen The Ramones w/ the Forgotten Rebels at the Hideaway in August/September of 1991. The reason I know the show was in '91 was because my mom passed away early August & that was the first time I went out anywhere after her passing. At the show I was at, a friend & I jumped in the mosh/slam dance pit during Chinese Rocks & the lighting rig came down. Man, that was a great show! The show I was at sold out also but there was this weird little record store(shack I should say) in Niagara Falls called Zoundz 2001 that I went to a lot & the owner could get anything so he got us 3 tickets & only charged an extra 10 bucks per ticket. That store was so tiny & smelled but the guy was great & any music you couldn't find he would either have it or get it for you no matter how hard to find. Anyway, I'm a huge Forgotten Rebels fan so that's a main reason why I had to go to that concert.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I almost hate to say how much I payed but I did pay...$350 for 2 Kiss/Motley Crue tickets last September. I do have to say I would never had paid that much for a ticket nor would I even pay 100 bucks for my favorite band Kiss...wellll doubtful but possibly for the original band but here is why I paid that much for the show...It was my wife's idea actually because she wanted to do something special for my upcoming 50th birthday in November of last year. She found the tickets on Craig's List I believe & they were VIP tickets front row in a box just to the right of the stage. We were so close & it was great. We also had our own waitress, VIP parking, & as I said we were front row in the box which was great for me because with my back condition I was able to sit & watch the show without killing my back having to stand. My wife did get blasted with the fire hose during Motley Crue so that was awesome (maybe not for her because it was late September & about 55 degrees Fahrenheit out.) Had it not been for my wife & upcoming birthday I never would have paid it. My choice was the concert or a big party so I chose the concert

mrJim

Reaction score
Hey Mr. Jim... I'm just curious on this show if they came back a year later but I seen The Ramones w/ the Forgotten Rebels at the Hideaway in August/September of 1991. The reason I know the show was in '91 was because my mom passed away early August & that was the first time I went out anywhere after her passing. At the show I was at, a friend & I jumped in the mosh/slam dance pit during Chinese Rocks & the lighting rig came down. Man, that was a great show! The show I was at sold out also but there was this weird little record store(shack I should say) in Niagara Falls called Zoundz 2001 that I went to a lot & the owner could get anything so he got us 3 tickets & only charged an extra 10 bucks per ticket. That store was so tiny & smelled but the guy was great & any music you couldn't find he would either have it or get it for you no matter how hard to find. Anyway, I'm a huge Forgotten Rebels fan so that's a main reason why I had to go to that concert.

Buck maybe your right and it could have been 1991. I doubt you'll believe this but this Jim and I was at that show with you. Remember when we went I took a razzing from the guy behind the glass taking tickets for being from the US side of the boarder. There were three of us at that show that night. That was also the night they were using a giant oak bar as a baracade from the stage, well needless to say the mash pit were in was moving back forth front back and whammmmmmm! that bar exploaded into pieces. amazingly that crowd calmly help carry the slpintered bar away so noone got hurt as i recall :)

and yes we got the tickets from that music store, just down the road from the power vista and Niagara college. That guy was the coolest guy to deal with seriously a goto guy. The store was in a rainbow colored house with vinyl record nailed to exterior.

its been such a long time, but up until recently I kept a stub ( i think thats what it was) with a $ amt written on the back.

:grinthumb

Last edited:

tkitna

Reaction score
Spent $275 for a ticket for Paul McCartney back in the early 2000's. Bad thing is I did it twice. :gig

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online