Your Five Most Influential c.d.s (Share Why, Stories, etc.)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have some albums like that myself Sox, that my Mom used to borrow all the time and play, since she passed away about 5 years ago this month I have to be in a particular mood to play about 6 of them, I cannot listen to them without thinking of her and the good times we had over the years listening to music. She is the one who inspired my passion for music and buying albums.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I think music is an extremley powerful force LG, and has been a great tool in lowering social and political barriers, but the thing for me is my music has helped me through some very difficult times. Also my best memories are of days spent with people who had and still have a passion for music.

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
Tonight's the Night - Neil Young

neil%20young%20tonightsthenight.jpg

probably the most important record in my collection because it changed my entire outlook of music. before this album i saw music as simply that, music. i listened for the guitars and catchy lyrics i could sing in the shower. but little did i know the power that music could bring. hearing Neil Young pour out his broken and depressed heart on this album changed everything. He sang about heartbreak and depression. dreams and their failures. and just the desire to get away from all your problems, but in reality, you'll never be apart from them. This album was so filled with emotion that i just needed to hear more. i began listening to music and looking for lyrics, looking for things i could relate to and that actually meant something. never has an album affected my musical mindset as much as this album

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
Is This It - The Strokes

30439_2.jpg

this album, more than any friend or review or recommendation, really got me into modern music and the music scene in these recent years, even though i was a little late to the party. this album had it all, it had the guitar hooks, the lyrics about sex and drugs and the city, and just the kickass melodies. it was definitely a point in my life when i thought just about all modern music was crap. i wasn't into much form the 00's but all. but this album really showed me there was more than i initially thought. that there's still good rock around, not the rock thats filled with trashy love songs and ballads, but the kind of rock that reminds you about how dirty and sinful human life is. it proved to me that there's still good music around and that its worth finding. and it really got me to want more, and what happened was that i became completely immersed in modern music. Animal Collective, Outkast, Wilco, Radiohead, Broken Social Scene, the National, Arcade Fire, all bands i love now that i would have never given a chance if not for Is This It

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Ladyislingering said:
This was the first record I ever bought. It was gently used, a little noisy, but opened my eyes to the perfection and innocence of that particular music (and its followers) during the early 60s.

Nancy Sinatra was charting in the late sixties in the 1965-68 period though.

:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You could post Any 5 Doors albums and that covers Hep Sooty...:D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I think this is a perfect time to bump this thread again as it's one of the best ways to get to know about new members! :grinthumb

I also will make it a sticky! :grinthumb

midiP

Reaction score
Hi

New to the board, am an occasional reader but this one grabbed me so joined up to post.

In no particular order (that's too hard)

led Zepellin IV

My first real classic album, got it about 1990 and I'm still not bored of it.

Guns n Roses - Appetite for destruction

My first taste of rebellion! remember seeing them at the old wembley stadium in london with skid row. i think this still stands up as one of the best rock albums of all time. One of the last proper rock n roll bands

Peter Gabriel - Up

A song for every mood. I hated it to start with but stuck with it and am glad i did.

Black Crowes - Amorica

One of my favourite crowes albums I've really hammered this over the years A good band at their best

Elbow - the Seldom Seen Kid

Another one that took a while to get into. The uk single grounds for divorce is an instantly catchy track but the rest is harder to get to grips with. Some really well crafted songs on here, another one that didn't move far from my player for a good 6 months.

Steve

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online