Your Favourite Pieces.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Bantock is from Scotland Sox, and his "Hebridean Symphony" is really really good too.

Pachelbel's Canon....a very famous piece and highly thought of. Some feel it's the best little piece ever composed, but I would dispute that myself. Still I have that one in the library and it is a good piece.

Bax...I don't have a lot of his stuff TS,,,I'll have to look and see if the bit you posted is in the library, if not I'll put it on my list for sure.:D

Is that you Tray??

:lmao:

Nice to see you in here, and there is always room for a bit of Bach on the table...love the title of the one you posted....:grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I shall have to look into Bantock LG cos those are good memories that the music stirred up.

That Bach that Tray posted is another great relaxing tune IMO as is this.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
I liked the Johan Pachelbel piece a lot.

Don't know a lot of classical pieces but this one has always been a favourite:

The Flower Duet (Lakmé) - Delibes

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice you see you join the party EF...:cheers2

Sox you already know I love Beethoven...that is his most famous piano sonata unless I'm mistaken...:think:

Here's a picture of my Bantock album, it's the only one of his I have but it's a Pearler for sure.

51ayB1iEebL.jpg

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
LG I know that he's the main man for you but I am only familiar with a few pieces of his work (still very much a novice) and that's one I remember from my school days.

Great tune EF I hav'nt heard that one before another first. I have come across that one a few times though Nololob.

Verdi.

Kuaizi

Reaction score
I so agree Kuaizi! Feast your ears on this - Andrew Lucas on the magnificent organ of St Paul's Cathedral in London, playing Garth Edmundsun's amazing Toccata on Von Himmel Hoch, though turn it up v loud from about 3 minutes.... headphones work best!...as it sort of takes off and goes into orbit towards the end!

That was epic! Never heard it before~ thanks for sharing!

:cheers2

Kuaizi

Reaction score
I used to play the french horn pretty well in my younger days. The recordings of Dennis Brain playing Mozart's Horn Concertos were so inspiring and perfectly recorded and played. Brain was another great musician to die way too young :(

A couple clips:

Horn Concerto #3 (I)

Horn Concerto #4 (II)

A cover of the recording I have (one of the many re-releases)
Brain-Mozart.jpg

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Just thought I'd leave you chaps for tonight with this, only discovered it this morning, YouTube is just so liberating for music lovers, as you constantly keep coming across the most phenomenal things.

Check out this Hi-Def performance of the haunting opening Requiem Aeturnum and also the apocalyptic Dies Irae from the Requiem Mass by Verdi, performed by the Orchestra and Chorus of La Scala, Milan, who above all other ensembles on earth must surely understand the music of Verdi the best, since so many of his works were premiered at La Scala, Verdi was almost as synonymous with La Scala as Wagner was with Bayreuth, and Britten with Aldeburgh. Just superb audio and video quality, and it's always such a pleasure to watch Maestro Barenboim conduct with such authority and control, superb music by any standards.

Last edited:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
LG I know that he's the main man for you but I am only familiar with a few pieces of his work (still very much a novice) and that's one I remember from my school days.

Great tune EF I hav'nt heard that one before another first. I have come across that one a few times though Nololob.

Verdi.

I don't know why, but the first thing came into my mind when I saw the video was I thought you posted Atomic Rooster video. :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepaul

Members online