Your Favourite Pieces.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Berlioz can make my skin crawl......but that's just me.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You like horror movies and vampires and zombies...I would think Berlioz would be right up yer alley Magic...:heheh:

I am going to play Symphonie Fantastique a little later tonight I think, been ages since I listened to it.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Vampires and all that jazz is fiction...but Burlioz music just creeps me out, makes me feel paranoid to sleep alone at night

:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It was written with the French Revolution in mind Magic so it's like some of the darker serious classical because the subject is serious.

Still I love that symphony, it is considered an essential in everyone's collection, by far his most famous and enduring work.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have it, but if I listen to it, I make sure it is daylight and will be daylight for quite sometime. Funny how Berlioz can trigger that deep seeded fear I have of the dark, and things that can go "boo" in the night :D

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Another well known piece that struck me on first hearing it, it was years before I found out what it was and who wrote it.

Harkat

Reaction score
LG that made me think of a build up of high wind and rain, the eye of calm then the storm and eventually the easing off .. first time I've heard that one (and I only know Pictures through E.L.P.).

Harkat I could read all night with that in the background really peaceful .. again a first for me.

One of my first brushes with Classical, I heard it as a kid and it just always stuck in my head.

That is such a timeless piece!
I love how it builds and changes!

Have you listened to the Apocalyptica versions?
Without drums:

With drums:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's not bad at all Harkat, but I have 3 versions of the complete "Peer Gynt" suites that I prefer more. The entire work is excellent, Grieg's most famous composition along with his excellent piano concerto.

Kuaizi

Reaction score
I was blown away when I first heard this piece. And with the final last movement letting the organ loose is really incredible! Goosebumps every time!

Saint-Saëns - Symphony 3 "Organ" - Movement 4:

I freakin love the organ. If I could go to music school for one instrument it would be the ORGAN! It can be so delicate and peaceful at times, and so powerful at other times. Great use of it in this piece :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That is Camille's most famous symphony Kuaizi and deservedly so. I love the organ myself, whether by itself or with a symphony, but if I could play an instrument it would be the piano.:mn:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online