YOU VOTE: CRF Rock Hall of Fame week5 (1990 nominations)

empress

Reaction score
The Who
Simon and Garfunkel
The Kinks
Rod Stewart
The Yardbirds
Smokey Robinson (and the Miracles)
Joan Baez
Willie Nelson
Peter, Paul, & Mary
Billy Preston
The Ronettes
Ike And Tina Turner
The Supremes
Otis Redding
Dion

jtrichey13

Hall of Fame Guru
Reaction score
So are you OK with the stipulation that you can only vote for 5 new artists? I did that because I think the new list gets the most attention and it causes some people to ignore the old eligible artists. I know this week, there are 10 new artists that I would consider voting for at some time (Who, Kinks, Rod Stewart, Simon & Garfunkel, Animals, Dusty Springfield, Moody Blues, Zombies, Johnny Rivers, and Hollies) but there are also still a lot of worthy older eligibles. My thoughts anyway. With the votes in so far, it seems to be working as the nominee list should be a good mix of 1st year and non 1st year artists.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Voting for 5 new artists makes sense, but voting for 15 overall doesn't because there are so many on the list that are not rock n roll and 15 votes had me pushing it with my picks. I don't see how I can pick 15 deserving artists next time around.

snowblue

Reaction score
The Kinks
Simon & Garfunkel
The Moody Blues
The Animals
The Yardbirds

Ella Fitzgerald
Sam Cooke
Eddie Cochrane
Four Tops
The Supremes
Nina Simone
The Shadows
Neil Sedaka
The Platters
Ike & Tina Turner

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Voting for 5 new artists makes sense, but voting for 15 overall doesn't because there are so many on the list that are not rock n roll and 15 votes had me pushing it with my picks. I don't see how I can pick 15 deserving artists next time around.
There are a number of artists on that list that may not be considered (quote/unquote) "rock and roll" by today's standards or even the standards of 20 yrs ago when the RnR HoShame came into being, but they were rock when they started, or they had a lot of influence on some early rockers. Check my list for a few examples of such artists.

BTW: Johnny Cash is in and by most accounts, he'd be considered a country artist, but back in the beginning, it wasn't considered country. Just sayin'

jtrichey13

Hall of Fame Guru
Reaction score

I want the nominee list to be at least 12 deep, so I figured 15 votes for everybody made sense. I wouldn't expect anybody to vote for someone they felt didn't deserve it, so if that's how you feel just vote for less than 15. I'm sure each new year will bring more deserving artists, so as years go on, finding 15 will be very easy.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
The Who
Simon and Garfunkel
The Animals
The Hollies
The Yardbirds
Tony Bennett
Dean Martin
Ritchie Valens
Otis Redding
The Supremes
Sammy Davis Jr.
Willie Nelson
Dolly Parton
Ben E King
Frankie Valli

Last edited:

Death on Credit

Reaction score
The Kinks
The Animals
Simon and Garfunkel
The Yardbirds
The Who

Ike and Tina Turner
Screamin Jay Hawkins
Serge Gainsbourg
Ritchie Valens
Miles Davis
Sonny Boy Williamson
Link Wray
Paul Revere and the Raiders
The Kingsmen

Can I nominate Howlin' Wolf as well? He's been strangely absent thus far.

jtrichey13

Hall of Fame Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, Howlin Wolf fits into that early influence category that is technically another subset of the Hall of Fame. He is in the Cleveland Hall as an Early Influence with the likes of Woody Guthrie, Les Paul, Robert Johnson, etc.

jtrichey13

Hall of Fame Guru
Reaction score
There is still a week left for the nomination cycle, but we have had a slow down in the votes coming in so far. Looking for votes from:

Living Dead
annie
joe
Big Ears
Phil B.
Titokinz

and anyone else who would like to participate.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaldoFrey

Members online