You Tube: The Greatest Site Of All Time?

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Here's something offered by my music guru:

One name for anyone that wants to see some serious blast beating, Flo Mounier. However, he has taken it up several notches to hyperblast beats.

Blast beat is in the 180 bmp, while hyperblast is 260 to the extreme of 400 bmp.

What makes Mounier different is that he incorporates elements of Jazz and Latin drumming into his style.

There are several videos of him and his group on Youtube.

One more point, he is not really not that big or even that muscular.

And Immortal isn't even together anymore. Also until Horgh joined the band the drum position was straight out of Spinal Tap. Immortal was the two guitar players and a revolving door of other musicians for their recordings and tours.

This is what Horgh looks like these days. The funny part, is they got all dressed up for these pictures, several years after the band broke up. He's the one standing.

http://ruthlessreviews.com/pics5/bm2/bm8.jpg

Last edited:

Big Generator

Reaction score
Music Wench said:
Here's something offered by my music guru:

One name for anyone that wants to see some serious blast beating, Flo Mounier. However, he has taken it up several notches to hyperblast beats.

Blast beat is in the 180 bmp, while hyperblast is 260 to the extreme of 400 bmp.

What makes Mounier different is that he incorporates elements of Jazz and Latin drumming into his style.

There are several videos of him and his group on Youtube.

One more point, he is not really not that big or even that muscular.

And Immortal isn't even together anymore. Also until Horgh joined the band the drum position was straight out of Spinal Tap. Immortal was the two guitar players and a revolving door of other musicians for their recordings and tours.

This is what Horgh looks like these days. The funny part, is they got all dressed up for these pictures, several years after the band broke up. He's the one standing.

http://ruthlessreviews.com/pics5/bm2/bm8.jpg

What was Flo Mournier's group called, MW?

Also - I LOVE the Immortal picture...and I was relieved to hear that Horgh, my new favourite drummer, is still with us. I read that one Immortal drummer killed himself in 1999....he was called "Grim".

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Well MW, I take your point about metal drummers not having to be "big or muscular", though I didn't say that Horgh was muscular , just that he appeared strong . I did incorrectly phrase that he was "big" in my previous post sentence; what I meant to stress was that strength is important for metal drumming, the "bigness" is not required so I stand corrected on that one.... flexibility and speed are also required especially for that double bass pedal or twin bass drums , if that's your fancy.
I watched a video of Flo, pretty damn excellent solo I have to say, and he was playing the blast beat very, very fast as well , some of the top-end soloing was lightning-quick....very impressive!-amazing metal speed-metal drummer!
There's a lot of smaller metal drummers around, like Lars for example, but he is strong physically as well as flexible not to mention the speed factor for the fast Metallica songs.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score

Big Generator

Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
Quite creepy, BG...That would have scared me as a kid!
I wonder if Arnold got his famous Terminator line from that Goulish ending? ;)

Believe me DC - it did! Those films look so cheesy and ridiculous now but they traumatized an entire generation of British school-kids in the 1970s ....the worst one featured a child molester hovering around the school gates (with a skull superimposed over his face) asking kids if they'd like to see his puppies. We could never trust an adult ever again!

Did they use similar scare tactics in American schools?

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
In Canada here, I don't remember any public information films that scared us away from the water or molestors but there were serveral acres of woods just behind our elementary school (grades 5 to 7).
So...the teachers warned us against going into the woods because of molestors and other creeps AND there were a couple of students who were actually tied -up and molested according to local schoolkid and parent folklore so that kept us rather cautious about those woods!

Big Generator

Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
Well MW, I take your point about metal drummers not having to be "big or muscular", though I didn't say that Horgh was muscular , just that he appeared strong . I did incorrectly phrase that he was "big" in my previous post sentence; what I meant to stress was that strength is important for metal drumming, the "bigness" is not required so I stand corrected on that one.... flexibility and speed are also required especially for that double bass pedal or twin bass drums , if that's your fancy.
I watched a video of Flo, pretty damn excellent solo I have to say, and he was playing the blast beat very, very fast as well , some of the top-end soloing was lightning-quick....very impressive!-amazing metal speed-metal drummer!
There's a lot of smaller metal drummers around, like Lars for example, but he is strong physically as well as flexible not to mention the speed factor for the fast Metallica songs.

Yes - I just watched a few of Flo Mounier's drum solos - and v. impressed too. But why oh why is he working with this "Lord Worm" character who fronts the band?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw4usjOwNfI&search=flo drums

Last edited:

Big Generator

Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
In Canada here, I don't remember any public information films that scared us away from the water or molestors but there were serveral acres of woods just behind our elementary school (grades 5 to 7).
So...the teachers warned us against going into the woods because of molestors and other creeps AND there were a couple of students who were actually tied -up and molested according to local schoolkid and parent folklore so that kept us rather cautious about those woods!

Where are you from in Canada, DC? I lived in Soux Saint Marie, Ontario for a while when I was a kid.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online