You Tube: The Greatest Site Of All Time?

Big Generator

Reaction score
Oh...absolutely...Hasselhoff is the King of Cheese and I love him for it. A friend of mine works for the publishing house who are putting out Hasselhoff's memoirs. He flew over from LA two weeks back - with his hairdresser - to speak at the company's sales conference and within minutes he stunned the audience with his astonishing self-insight. "I was so busy saving the world," he said. "That I forgot to save myself."

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
newdawnfades said:
That was horrible. I couldn't get past the first minute of it. Was there a drum solo somewhere down the line?
Yes...fast forward to the last minute or so....didn't you just LOVE those horns and the sometimes harmonies of the girls??...lol :p

Big Generator

Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
Lars' solo showed some really good speed and power skills although the double bass drum work helped:\0\05{\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0e playing a "double pedal " at times, this can add a lot to a drum solo though I respected Bonham's use of only one bass drum.
Bonzo got a lot of rolling power out of one bass drum

Hey DC...talking of speed and power skills.....I've just been reading about "the blast beat". How difficult is it to play? The 'evil' drummer in this clip is doing it - and it looks totally exhausting and demanding to me - but he seems strangely relaxed playing it. Is he a master of the technique who makes it look easy? Or is the "blast beat" easier than it looks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyRZKLRzbqY&search=immortal black metal

P.S. You've got to hand it to the guy in his sixties right at the front in the white bandanna...he's still living the dream!

Last edited:

Big Generator

Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
Yes...fast forward to the last minute or so....didn't you just LOVE those horns and the sometimes harmonies of the girls??...lol :p

Sorry NDF...I forgot to warn the group about the 'interpretation' of the Cream song which comes before the solo.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Big Generator said:
Hey DC...talking of speed and power skills.....I've just been reading about "the blast beat". How difficult is it to play? The 'evil' drummer in this clip is doing it - and it looks totally exhausting and demanding to me - but he seems strangely relaxed playing it. Is he a master of the technique who makes it look easy? Or is the "blast beat" easier than it looks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyRZKLRzbqY&search=immortal black metal

P.S. You've got to hand it to the guy in his sixties right at the front in the white bandanna...he's still living the dream!
Hey BG,
The Blast Beat is easy for the drummer to play in this clip, mainly because he's a master of it, and a master of speed metal drumming in general.
He's also a big strong guy, in good physical shape which is what it takes to be a metal drummer, especially speed metal which can be exhausting.
The double bass drum pedal he's playing certainly helps with the machine-gun style bass drum hits, they can be very fast with a good set of feet on 'em! :steering:

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Big Generator said:
Sorry NDF...I forgot to warn the group about the 'interpretation' of the Cream song which comes before the solo.
I actually thought the girl's harmonies were fairly "on" most of the time, and the horns were cool for a while....it's just a very long version and after a while I was really missing Eric's guitar. :shirt:

Big Generator

Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
yes, you tube is the greatest site of all time.
I'm glad you started this thread, we need something like this.
even on dial-up I have REALLY good luck watching most of that stuff.
here's a Gumby episode that really screwed up my head when I was a kid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntziw58iMAU&search=gumby
I think it just screwed me up again.
Thanks You Tube!

I love the evil dough...."I say Roly...look at that green chap...let's get him..."

Here's what used to scare me as a kid. The dreaded Public Information films shown in UK schools in the 1970s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTPE1nkEsRk&search=public information films

Big Generator

Reaction score
Last edited:

Big Generator

Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
Hey BG,
The Blast Beat is easy for the drummer to play in this clip, mainly because he's a master of it, and a master of speed metal drumming in general.
He's also a big strong guy, in good physical shape which is what it takes to be a metal drummer, especially speed metal which can be exhausting.
The double bass drum pedal he's playing certainly helps with the machine-gun style bass drum hits, they can be very fast with a good set of feet on 'em! :steering:

Yes - that Norweigan guy is even more impressive than the drummer I'd always thought was the true master of speed metal drumming - Dave Lombardo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGKlM4FSa6Y&search=dave lombardo

Big Generator

Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
Hey BG, thanx for the drumming vid links....I had already seen the Peart and Bonham ones, but they were still interesting to watch again.

The Neil one is from the 80's and is really good....shows off a lot of speed and "world music"cultural percussion instrumentation.

Hey DC...seen this bizarro clip? A computer generated Neil Peart playing YYZ....on water...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-2fKi9Zu5o&search=rush

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online