You Have To See It To Hear It

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Reading the post in the Cheap Trick thread about their 35th anniversary of 'Live At Budokan', I was struck with an idea for a thread. My favorite cut from that album, because of the harmonies, of course, is 'Lookout'.

(Actually, there is one line with maybe 4 words that actually have the harmonies, but it's enough to make it my fave)

Now, as far as I know (I could be wrong), that live album is the only place that song appears.

What are some songs you like that appear on an artist's live albums, but not anywhere on an artist's studio ?

Here are a couple I'm particular to:

Uncle Ted's title cut, which, I'm pretty sure, isn't anywhere but on the live album.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The acoustic version of the first Evans Blue album. It was a DVD concert that came with a special edition of the second album. It was the last album with that band and to me the band isn't shit with that vocalist. Anyway, this was a one time thing and only on that DVD. I love this acoustic version and wish I had it on disc somehow:

Evans Blue-Over

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Live and Let Die McCartney & Wings

..outside of a soundtrack album or greatest hits, was not on an official album.

Been on every live album though. :grinthumb

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
These are three of my favourites that have never appeared on studio, only live albums:

In Your World - Muse

Dead Star - Muse

No Leaf Clover - Metallica

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online