Trilogy (1986)
Odyssey (1988)
Eclipse (1990)
Fire and Ice (1992)
Seventh Sign (1994)
Magnum Opus (1995)
Inspiration (1996)
Facing the Animal (1997)
Concerto Suite for Electric Guitar and Orchestra in E Flat Minor OP1 (1998)
Alchemy (1999)
War to End All Wars (2000)
Attack (2002)
Unleash the Fury (2005)
Perpetual Flame (2008)
Relentless (2010)
Spellbound (2012)
World On Fire (2016)
Blue Lightning (2019)
Parabellum (2021)

One of the first classical metal artists!! One of the first to bring that classical guitar element and shredding and bring them together. Today there are a slew of bands that obviously were inspired by Yngwie. Or Yngwie J. Malmsteen.

So wierd to see members of Hammerfall and Stratovarius (Johannson Brothers) in the band

Black Star

Icarus Dream Fanfare {My Favorite Piece}

I'll See The Light Tonight

Derek St. Hubiins (Spinal Tap): "I bought the album the other day and I said why bother...why bother?? Use it as a coffee table, cause I can't play the thing like that. He's great! I like the way he uses Yngwie J. Malmsteen...you know so you don't confuse him with all the other Yngwie Malmsteen's in the business" :heheh:

yngwiemalmstein.jpg

plaza+Hall%252C+Tokyo%252C+6+November+1995+bootleg.gif

Last edited:

Harkat

Reaction score
Re: The Official Yngwie Malmsteen Thread

O:
I was going to make this thread!! Sometime this month :heheh:
Yngwie was this absolutely amazing style!
Its a joy to listen to, so clean and crisp yet fast!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^ Were you really?? :heheh: :cheers2

Great Clip Harkat!! I have that DVD "Concerto Suite "...it's sooooo good!!

:grinthumb

Harkat

Reaction score

^^ Were you really?? :heheh: :cheers2

Great Clip Harkat!! I have that DVD "Concerto Suite "...it's sooooo good!!

:grinthumb

I was but I was putting it off until I listened to more of his stuff. :heheh:

The orchestra behind him really adds a different layer to his guitar!

Rocker440

Reaction score

My first introduction to Yngwie Malmsteen was when he was in the band Alcatrazz and I bought No Parole From Rock 'N Roll, which at that time featured Graham Bonnet on vocals. I was greatly amazed with the excellent songs, music and guitar works of a pretty young Yngwie, at that time. Although Yngwie didn't stay with Alcatrazz for very long, there were many terrific songs from that era of that band, imo. I believe that one of the main reasons Yngwie left Alcatrazz was with the artist or creative differences with Mr. Bonnet. I've heard Yngwie say a few very unflattering things about Graham a few years ago, mostly with regard to Graham's age, but I do beleive that Yngwie is extremely talented, skilled and quite accomplished with his guitar playing.

I've followed Yngwie Malmsteen throughout his solo career and also for many years, too. I greatly like and enjoy many of his albums, especially from the 1980's. Somewhat interestingly, Yngwie has said at times, that he has some very respected, well known and accomplished influences that continue to be meaningful to him, with some of these influences being pretty noticable within his guitar playing, too, imo. Jimi Hendrix, Ritchie Blackmore and also the composer Niccolo Paganini are significant influences with Yngwie. Also pretty interestingly Yngwie Malmsteen has probably had more ex Rainbow band members within his various bands than perhaps any other band, with the exception of Rainbow. I believe all the ex Rainbow singers, save RJD, have recorded and toured with Yngwie.

A couple of great songs from my favorite Malmsteen ablums...

Queen In Love

Crystal Ball

:bow: :bow:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^ Nice post there...and cool vids!! :grinthumb :bow:

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score

I've heard Yngwie say a few very unflattering things about Graham a few years ago, mostly with regard to Graham's age, but I do beleive that Yngwie is extremely talented, skilled and quite accomplished with his guitar playing.

Supposedly just before his exit from Alcatrazz he full-on assaulted Bonnet over something minor, I think Bonnet had tripped over one of his cables and disconnected him. Something in that vein, anyway :\

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

The song that really made me take notice of this guy was a song off of his second album... Overature 1383

this song STILL gives me chills after all of these years. Not because it is so incredible, but just the delivery and phrasing of his playing style. Love this.

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score

I saw Yngwie in 1985 or '86 at Massey Hall in Toronto. A friend of mine was a real Malmsteen freak and talked me into going. Great guitarist, but aside from a few tunes, like I'll See The Light Tonight, he's not really my cup of tea.

Interesting though, we were at the end of the fifth row and at one point I looked to my right and Kim Mitchell was standing right next to me. I smiled at him...he smiled back and walked away a few minutes later.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.