Yngwie Malmsteen (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: The Official Yngwie Malmsteen Thread

^^^ I love that video...that is a good album as well. Has one of my favorite songs.

Disciples Of Hell

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

My Dad is a Malmsteen fan. I went with him to one of his concerts a few years ago but didn't enjoy it at all. Just a bit too over the top for me :D Dad loved it :heheh:

Hardnecker

Reaction score

A great example that technique is only part of the equation. Loved the first record. Seen him all coked up on his birthday at the WPB Auditorium in the late 80's. He's fast.....that's for sure. All sounds the same after a while though.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Here's an awesome tune. it's called Blue, I think it's off of the Alchemy album. Very cool bluesy sounding track, without really having ANY blues scales or chord progressions in it.

fat.man

Reaction score
Yngwie Malmsteen's "The Malmsteen Collection" was the first rock/metal album I ever bought, when I was 13. After listening to MC5's "Kick out the Jams" over the short wave radio, I went to the market to find to buy an album, as I instantly fell in love with that type of music. Since I lived in a small town, in the early 2000s, classic metal was hard to come by, so I had to go for one of the only two albums available.

I picked Malmsteen as the cover looked impressive. Some of the tracks were overwhelming for me then, but when I came over to the Spanish Castle Magic (live at Leningrad), it simply blew me away. I am been a Malmsteen and classic rock/metal lover ever since.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Great musician! I don't understand, why it's fashionable to mock him today?! Personally for me he's among the ten greatest guitarists of all time.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I saw Yngwie in 1985 or '86 at Massey Hall in Toronto. A friend of mine was a real Malmsteen freak and talked me into going. Great guitarist, but aside from a few tunes, like I'll See The Light Tonight, he's not really my cup of tea.

Interesting though, we were at the end of the fifth row and at one point I looked to my right and Kim Mitchell was standing right next to me. I smiled at him...he smiled back and walked away a few minutes later.

This video was dead so I replaced it and bumped it. Cause it rocks!!!

:cheers2

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
Big fan of Yngwie Malmsteen. Been listening to Yngwie since I was ten. Here's one of my favourite tracks from the Trial By Fire Live Album

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
got into a Yngwie mood tonight.

Listened to Rising Force already. Outstanding debut album by Yngwie

YngwieJMalmsteen-RisingForce.jpg

Now listening to his 2nd album - Marching Out

MarchingOutLPversion.jpg

I listen to various songs from Yngwie ever so often, but it's been a long time since I sat through a full album or two. Love the first album, but my favorite album has always been Marching Out. This was also my first taste of Jeff Scott Soto's vocals, who I happen to think is one of the best rock vocalists of all time. the more I hear from him, the more I dig the guy's singing. Yes, I realize Jeff sang on Rising Force as well, but I really didn't notice that album until after I had heard Marching out all of those years ago (28 yrs ago? wow, doesn't seem that long ago)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online