Yes (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: The Yes Thread

I really like Drama and play it a fair bit. Trevor Horn and Geoff Downes do a great job IMO.

joe

Reaction score

^^^One of the weakest tracks from thier second worst album behind Talk.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You know MP I don't think I have "The Ladder", and Joe I definitely don't have "Talk" either.

I stopped dead in the water when "Drama" was released...and didn't pick up any later Yes albums until "90125" was released. I do have "Big Generator" as well, but haven't played it in a long time, so for me Drama and Big G will always rate near the bottom of the pile for the Yes albums I do have.

joe

Reaction score

LG, I would recommend Key Studio which is a compilation from both Keys Of Ascension albums with the new tracks and Magnification. Talk, Open Your Eyes, and The Ladder are not very good IMO.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You think that compilation would be better than getting the "Keys to Ascension"?

joe

Reaction score

Here would be my ratings for the following Yes albums:

Talk: 3/10
Open Your Eyes: 3/10
The Ladder: 4/10
Key Studio: 7/10
Magnification: 6/10

I listened to Key Studio last week as the others has been quite a while. Take it for it's worth.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Fair enough, and thanks for the info.

joe

Reaction score

You think that compilation would be better than getting the "Keys to Ascension"?

Key Studio is all the previously unreleased tracks from both Keys To Ascension. However Keys To Ascension 1&2(Both double CDs) have live versions of thier best stuff from thier "classic" period. I ordered Keys To Ascension 1 last week. It's 2 double CDs with the studio tracks as well as the live material vs. 1 CD of the unreleashed newer tracks. I guess it depends on what you want and how rich you're feeling.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I'll get an MP3 of Ascension first and give it a listen before going any further.

I know Yes did some good work later in their career and I have no idea why I stopped dead after Big G came out.:blush:

I still think their early work is the best though, collectively one of the greatest series of albums any prog band released.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online