Would you give up digital and go back to vinyl music?

Would you give up Digital music and go back to Analog formats?

• Total voters

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I have always collected because I like the band, or composer and want to play them. My collection is so big now it's almost too much music to keep track of.

When I only had a couple hundred vinyl records, it was so much fun and easy to listen to them compared to later on.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I saw today Saxon 747 single with Stallions On The Highway (Live) on B-Side and I thought of you whether annoy you a bit and get it or not. :oyea: I'm not yet convinced on singles, maybe later.

That's why I sort all albums on 5 categories and depending on my mood I have a look on them and pick whatever comes to my hand.

snowblue

Reaction score
I still have a lot of vinyl which hasn't been played for 40 years but I keep them mainly because of the album covers, especially the gatefold ones. Much as I like the convenience of digital, CD covers just can't show the detail of the old album covers.

Sorry if I'm repeating what someone else has said but I just don't have the time right now to read through the whole thread.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^No argument from me Snowblue, that is what I miss the most, the beautifully done cover art and all the trimmings, even the nicest packaged CD pales by comparison to a gatefold cover.

Nolo, go ahead and buy the Saxon...although in my lifetime I only bought about six 45 rpm singles...:heheh:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I've heard there's been a hidden erotic image of male and female genitalia on Uriah Heep's Demons And Wizard album. I can't spot it on a CD sized cover... so yeah, vinyl wins on that. :heheh:

joe

Reaction score
If it wasn't for the digital age many of us wouldn't of heard alot of music from the 60's and '70's as so many vinyl was either deleted and/or very few copies pressed thus very hard to find and very expensive. There was a bit of a resurgence back in the early/mid '80's when some independent record companies bought licences from the conglomarations lead by Rhino Records out of California and a few others over in Europe.

However it was the CD and later the digital formats that brought back many, if not all that music from that time period to become readily available to everybody. Never did I think I would hear certain artists back 20-30 years ago collecting vinyl. Again it was the smaller independent labels mostly from Europe that should be given the credit.

Just like everything in life, both have thier positives and negatives. I can't imagine 10,000 Lps. The legendary Bob Hite from Canned Heat was one of the most famous vinyl collectors with suppossedly over 15,000Lps.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's a good point Joe, many treasures have been saved and circulated by fans using the digital tools we all enjoy now. Thanks to them classic albums will never die, and if we can't have the original vinyl, then digital copies will have to do.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
By vinyl I had assumed it meant records, apparently not which was what I had meant lol

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Vinyl = Records to me Riff...I am not confused by anything you've said so far. Most Maiden fans will tell you the vinyl editions sound better than either the first CD's or the remastered ones that came later.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cool, glad theres no confusion :)
I love the cd editions but Id like to try to collect the original editions, Id like to get the original Ac/dc set too before they all went digital.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArturoThre

Members online