Worst album you have?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Deicide In Torment In Hell is the current weakest album I have. Also Motley Crue Generation Swine which I still cannot get into.

The production of that Deicide album is garbage, way too tinny. Everything sounds poorly mixed.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Ladies Invited by J. Geils Band.

I bought Ladies Invited because Monkey Island is utterly fantastic, but it (LI) is more comparable to cats' ***. I took it out on to the step, scraped it along the concrete, broke it in half and threw it in the bin. I felt much better after that!

I still own Dry Run by The George Hatcher Band, but I NEVER play it. Talkin' Turkey isn't much better, because it has lots of brass. Why? They were great live though.

I am a Vangelis fan, but I don't own Beauborg. It is totally unlistenable.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Open your Eyes by Yes is pure rubbish, apart from the title track which is very good. I cannot get into Talk by Yes, so I don't even try. I own both on CD, so I've kept them. It's hard to believe this is the same band that made Close to the Edge and Fragile.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
First album that comes to mind is Nevermind:

NirvanaNevermindalbumcover.jpg

Didn't buy it because I ever liked it, but being a DJ, I kind of HAD to. Ugh.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
I could never wrap my ears around this..... I will probably never listen to it again.

rt-wlb-full.jpg

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
:wa I love how many of peoples worst albums I love. :D

Worst album?
As in worst recording -a really badly pressed angel classical album bought in the early 80's for .99 cents - Some Choir music and you can't even hear the choir because the recording is so awful let alone its choir music.

Worst album-rock? one of the crappy free cd's from some local band that I've got walking around NYC. I've got a stack of them somewhere that I've never listened to. :heheh: Yeah I've not throw anything out.

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score
First album that comes to mind is Nevermind:

NirvanaNevermindalbumcover.jpg

Didn't buy it because I ever liked it, but being a DJ, I kind of HAD to. Ugh.

Despite my name I do believe "Nevermind" was one of the most overrated albums of the 90s and of Nirvana. I prefer the gritty "Bleach" album.

As far as my reading of this thread I'm relieved to see that I haven't had the hearing displeasure of most of your shit lists.

overkill86

Reaction score
Despite my name I do believe "Nevermind" was one of the most overrated albums of the 90s and of Nirvana. I prefer the gritty "Bleach" album.

As far as my reading of this thread I'm relieved to see that I haven't had the hearing displeasure of most of your shit lists.

Nevermind is very good. The only songs that "overrate" it are "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Come as You Are." I'm sick to death of those 2 songs. I can listen to the rest all day. However, I agree with Bleach. Bleach is underrated and might be my favorite Nirvana album.

As far as this thread goes...too many.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
As much as I love them, some of the Quo albums I've got were ****ing awful. In fact, almost everything they released in the 80's is shocking.

I'm a collector though, don't throw anything away. Still got stuff by bands I gave up listening to ages ago - Foo Fighters, A, Ash, Radiohead, The Vines, Blink 182, The Offpsring, large section of Green Day etc.

Bocephus

Reaction score
As much as I love them, some of the Quo albums I've got were ****ing awful. In fact, almost everything they released in the 80's is shocking.

I'm a collector though, don't throw anything away. Still got stuff by bands I gave up listening to ages ago - Foo Fighters, A, Ash, Radiohead, The Vines, Blink 182, The Offpsring, large section of Green Day etc.

Yeah, ive got a load of pop punk in my collection from 10-15 years ago when i used to go to the local skatepark. I used to love "Dude Ranch", "Americana" and "Kerplunk", they sound too lightweight nowadays though.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online