Worst album you have?

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I can't off-hand think of any of my albums that I would qualify as necessarily bad, but I can think of some that I've probably never listened to all the way through once. By my nature I give a chance to a lot of oddball selections hoping it will ignite a new fascination in me, but I have to go through a lot of misses before I find that immaculate hit.

First album that comes to mind.... Shakira's Fijacion Oral Vol. 1. I'm a very lyric-oriented guy so a Spanish-language pop album is difficult for me, no matter how good the songs may or may not be.

Another would be Neil Young's Fork in the Road. As a devout Neilfan who would probably jump off a cliff to serve thy master you can imagine how much I'd like to like this album but I've never been able to listen to it all the way through. It's really admirable of Neil to keep pressing on and trying new things, 30 years after most of his contemporaries quit doing that, but that doesn't make a bad album into a good one.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Like other people have said, I don't really bother holding onto an album if it's not good so I don't have any really terrible ones. First to come to mind for me is this one.....

30327.jpg

I don't think this album is bad as much as it's just boring, especially when compared to "Back To Black". To make matters worse I have the deluxe version so I have 18 extra track that are mostly just remixes. That's a waste of an entire second disc if you ask me. :nw:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Another album on my "Best of the Shit" list:

John & Yoko/ Plastic Ono Band ~ "Some Time in New York City".

51EB5RBK7DL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Even the album cover is hideous.

Back in the day, Paul McCartney kept Lennon's creativity in check. Once Lennon went solo, he definitely unleased a nasty beast with this album. This album was his first POP collaboration with Yoko.......and it is a stinker. It is nothing more than an album with a political statement, and 0 tunes that are even remotely catchy, IMO.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
If I buy an LP/CD I usually like it given my familiarity with the artist. It would have SOME redeeming quality with certain songs even if the whole lot isn't all that. Currently, I don't have one that makes me go yeeesh...what was I thinking. Well, I do have that Samantha Fox 45 but I bought it merely for the poster...:tongue:

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
I'm a big Neil Young fan and have alot of his albums. But this I've listened to twice and that was over 20 years ago. Rockabilly does just not suit Neil Young. Wretched album. Although for some reason I still have it.:wtf:

Neil-Young-Everybodys-Rockin.jpg

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I'm a big Neil Young fan and have alot of his albums. But this I've listened to twice and that was over 20 years ago. Rockabilly does just not suit Neil Young. Wretched album. Although for some reason I still have it.:wtf:

Neil-Young-Everybodys-Rockin.jpg

I agree it is not the best album but is acceptable, I love Neil Young and can forgive him but still like it enough to own it.

Mine is probably

Quatermass II - Long Road, not even a small patch on the first but had to had to have it as cheap:wtf:

thumbnail.aspx

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Another one I bought and can't stand except for one song. I was thinking the whole album would be like Classical Gas. Believe me, it's not.:shock:

1301753354_mw.jpg

PJC

Reaction score
Once of Wigan (UK)...now Peoria Heights Illinois
Having loved the first CD ...I pre-ordered the follow up....I was forced to hurl it into a cornfield after two listens in utter disgust...
61341DTP74L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

So...OK ...I don't have it any more ..but I did.....briefly

I do agree with the St.Anger bashing....awful awful record

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Having loved the first CD ...I pre-ordered the follow up....I was forced to hurl it into a cornfield after two listens in utter disgust...
61341DTP74L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

So...OK ...I don't have it any more ..but I did.....briefly

I do agree with the St.Anger bashing....awful awful record

I respect your opinion but didn't think that c.d. was a bad followup at all! It certainly didn't betray anything the first album set in my opinion! :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online