Woodstock

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
On August 15, 1969​

The Woodstock Festival was held on Max Yasgur's 600 acre farm in Bethel outside New York. Attended by over 400,000 people, the event featured, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Cocker, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Santana, The Who, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, The Band, Canned Heat, Joan Baez, Melanie, Ten Years After, Sly and the Family Stone, Johnny Winter, Jefferson Airplane, Ravi Shanker, Country Joe and the Fish, Blood Sweat and Tears, Arlo Guthrie, and Joe Cocker. During the three days there were three deaths, two births and four miscarriages. Joni Mitchell was booked to appear but had to pull out due to being booked for a TV show, wrote the song 'Woodstock.'

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Those ticket prices are an eye opener...:heheh:

Canned Heat just played here on the weekend, with some other Woodstock artists celebrating the anniversary of the greatest open aired music festival in rock history.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
LZ was actually asked to perform at Woodstock, but Peter Grant refused. Big mistake on his part. Would have made the lineup a little more iconic IMO.

And man, those ticket prices $7 to see all those incredible acts. Today you have to pay more than that for something to drink at a concert. :rolleyes:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Also, did you know that Ravi Shankar is the father of Norah Jones? Little bit 'o trivia for ya. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^If Zeppelin and The Beatles had played Woodstock that would have been the single greatest concert of all time, for the 20th Century at least.

Yep I knew who Norah Jones father was, but she was raised by her Mom on her own from what little I know about her.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Yep LG. In LZ's case it was a bad managerial decision. With the Beatles, only Lennon was obliged to do it. The Doors were also set to perform but Morrison was being nitpicky and got out of it.

spudnuto

Reaction score
I see Iron Butterfly listed on that poster. Wonder what happened to them?

I'd heard something happened to the Jeff Beck Group...they couldn't get there. First I've heard of Iron Butterfly.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I think Iron Butterfly had issues with their plane or something. I think they got detained in the airport for some reason.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Woodstock!
Damn, wish I was there. Best concert ever, it can't get better than this. Top artists of the time + great atmosphere + awesome people = Woodstock.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online