Wolfmother drummer quits

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:ce:

Band members come and go so quickly these days, I just get the album, see who is on it, then listen to it :D

I do like Wolfmother, so I will be curious to see if the replacement, Will Rockwell-Scott, will be a touring member or if they will cut an album .

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That is the way of things in the music business unfortunately Feldy. Although I am not a big fan of Trent Reznor's, that is why he never assembled a permanent band, he is Nine Inch Nails and just hires musicians to tour or for studio work, that sure keeps the bickering to a minimum.

Maybe Stockdale is a Diva?....:dunno:

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
^^That is the way of things in the music business unfortunately Feldy. Although I am not a big fan of Trent Reznor's, that is why he never assembled a permanent band, he is Nine Inch Nails and just hires musicians to tour or for studio work, that sure keeps the bickering to a minimum.

Maybe Stockdale is a Diva?....:dunno:

Yeah, that's true. It's just intrigued me the way Wolfmother have changed their image of a true band (self-titled days), to now where it's literally Andrew Stockdale & Wolfmother... big transformation.

Although, when everyone except Stockdale quit the band after self-titled, lots of people thought that was it for Wolfmother, but obviously this was the only way Stocky was gonna keep it alive.

I dunno. :heheh:

If I was in a band, I'd probably try and work as a band. If I was just a frontman with backing musicians, I'd call it a solo career and be done with it :heheh: But maybe that's just me :tongue:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yeah it's not like you are going to fool fans of the original band anyway. But Wolfmother was such a great new band when they popped up, I guess Stockdale just couldn't bear to let it die completely.

Blind Guardian is another band like this, it is Hansi's band, he just hires people when he tours or records but because he is the songwriter lead singer he is in total control.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The same scenario happened to Black Sabbath and Iommi....but Sabbath lived on.

More band members than I have underwear!

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
And lets not forget John Butler giving his players the flick after a decade, what's going on with Australian music? :wtf:

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
Band members come and go, sure, but... it quickly becomes an issue if it's a trio :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Does it really matter? Didn't Stockdale sack everyone off their debut album after it's release anyway?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Staff online

Members online