Witchfynde

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I always think of Saxon's song "Witchfinder General" off Lionheart when I see that name...:heheh:

Never heard of this band before, figures you pub crawlers would be on a first name basis with the band...probably even know which ale they prefer...:grinthumb

hawk11

Reaction score
I discovered Witchfynde a few years ago (about 30 years too late) and like Joe was expecting them to sound similar to Venom/Celtic Frost, though like Lou mentioned had more of a Priest like sound.

Good band though prefer the other two Witch bands (Angel Witch and Witchfinder General).

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Funny you should say that LG, Lou had a call from the singer, Chalky he was reminding LOU that they were playing and that the gig was put on for LOU as he is away in Wales with me this coming weekend. So LOU is on first names with a few band members. I have spoken to a few myself and do know some of their fave beers, not bragging, it just happens that way sometimes. It is cool to speak to these people as they have many stories to tell.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I know Sweaty, I never think you or your friends are bragging, I just enjoy mentioning that you all seem to know everyone and end up meeting them in the pubs on a regular basis...:grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I must admit LG as a young man in 1980 I will always remember my excitement on purchasing the early WITCHFYNDE albums.....everyone on CRF knows my fondness of NWOBHM. So never in a million years would I have thought that one day I would be on the same stage as these guys.....especially at nearly 50!!:heheh: I have been so honoured.
Another story to tell.....I went to see WITCHFYNDE a few years ago when they had Harry Harrison on vocals....dont get me wrong hes a fair singer....but IMO not suited to the style of this great band. Anyway I made my way to the front...ready for action/headbanging ...but to my surprise I was told to sit down by this giant beast of a biker chappie :heheh::wa . So i pulled up a seat next to him and his family ! How times have changed

Witchfynde with Harry Harrison [vocals]

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Discretion being the better part of valor at that point, I don't blame you for takin' a seat...:D

There is an intimacy you all are fortunate to share with the bands you grew up with, we have nothing like it here, at least not on the scale of England that's for sure.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I love Give 'Em Hell ( I am sure I already said that ) ..but was a bit disappointed with Stagefright . Cloak and Dagger , however regained my favor so I recently ordered The Lord of Sin . Liking it so far ..first listen....I will be checking into the rest of their releases soon.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online