Wings Guitarist Henry McCullough Critically Ill

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
_63984802_belfast_city_blues_festival_04.jpg

SOURCE LINK

Mr McCullough, from Portstewart, County Londonderry, is one of the best known guitarists in the world, performing with a host of legendary artists.

He was invited by the Beatle Paul McCartney to join Wings in the 1970s and spent 18 months touring with them.

Despite early reports that he had died, his sister Rae Morrison said he was still battling.

She said he had suffered a heart attack on Monday and the family are worried and distressed but that they had been inundated with messages of support.

"He is a very special person," she said.

"We really are very worried for him, his sister is on her way home from Florida and his brother is coming home from Glasgow."

Mr McCullough, who is 69, was also a member of Joe Cocker's band.

He played with Cocker at the legendary Woodstock concert in 1969, the only Irishman to perform there.

McCullough spent 18 months touring and recording with Wings in the 1970s, after being invited to join the band following a number of jamming sessions with McCartney.

He has been hailed for his guitar work on the US number one hit My Love.

McCullough later signed to the Dark Horse record label of another Beatle, George Harrison, for his solo album Mind Your Own Business.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I sure hope he's ok...I met him a couple years back and he was so nice!!

:uh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Didn't know he played with Joe Cocker at Woodstock...but I do remember him being in Wings, then he disappeared off the musical map never heard a peep about what he was doing. Then again I don't really try that hard to keep track of most musicians.

Still sorry to hear he's seriously ill, I'll dig out Venus and Mars later and play it, or Wings At the Speed of Sound, I do think he was in the studio for both but I'll have to check.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope he pulls through this. So sad to hear that he is ill.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Didn't know he played with Joe Cocker at Woodstock...but I do remember him being in Wings, then he disappeared off the musical map never heard a peep about what he was doing. Then again I don't really try that hard to keep track of most musicians.

Still sorry to hear he's seriously ill, I'll dig out Venus and Mars later and play it, or Wings At the Speed of Sound, I do think he was in the studio for both but I'll have to check.

Hey LG, Henry was with Wings from "Hi Hi Hi" through "Live and Let Die". The only album he did with the band was "Red Rose Speedway". He did their first tour of Europe and was part of the "James Paul McCartney" T.V. special. It's sad to hear about his illness. I am also a fan of his work with Cocker and the Grease Band.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Thanks for the info Bob D...as I get older I tend to forget who did what with whom and when...:peek

:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Staff online

Members online