Why does RS hate Pink Floyd?

Reaction score
It's really pretty pathetic. In almost every list they make, Floyd either gets snubbed or they get improper recognition. They got 4 albums in the top 500 greatest list. Piper, Wish You Were Here, The Wall, and Dark Side. All of which were placed ridiculously low on the list. Dark Side, based upon album sales ( for those of you who put stock in that ), innovation, concept, lyricism, and musicianship, it's arguably one of the 5 best albums of all time, easily. Where did they place it..? In the 40s. Where the **** is Meddle, Animals, etc.? Come on. How many songs did they have in the top 500 all time? Four, four songs. Self explanatory. Lastly, the most outrageous ranking they bestowed upon them, was 51 on the greatest artists of all time list. They put people like the Clash, The Velvet Underground, Van Morrison, ahead of Floyd. All great artists? Of course, geniuses. Better than Pink Floyd? **** no, and I think most people would agree. I think a top 20 Finnish at the minimum would have been justified. I understand it's all personal perception, and I understand RS doesn't represent the consensus necessarily, and I understand most of you understand that, but for the love of god, what bullshit! They're not Rush or Crimson fans either. I guess they stick to the whole kneel at the feet of Dylan and The Beatles shit.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Rolling Stone is about as relevant as any random alt rock dj. Their opinion in no way reflects educated or even common taste on just about any matter. They have become a victim of their own perceived celeberty as much as any Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian out there and frankly their opinion about music, politics, air quality etc is about as important.

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
I don't read Rolling Stone so that shows ya how much I give a shit about their opinion of Pink Floyd or any other artist.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
The answer is simple ......Rolling Stone SUCKS.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Who ****ing cares if they do hate Pink Floyd? lol

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
Rolling Stone Magazine stopped being legitimate decades ago! It's only the name "Rolling Stone" that gives it the illusion of legitimacy.

That periodical by any other name would be just another "Hit Parader" or "Circus".

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Rolling Stone is about as relevant as any random alt rock dj. Their opinion in no way reflects educated or even common taste on just about any matter. They have become a victim of their own perceived celeberty as much as any Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian out there and frankly their opinion about music, politics, air quality etc is about as important.

nailed it.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
The answer is simple ......Rolling Stone SUCKS.
Paraphrasing: "The answer is simple ......Rolling Stone are IDIOTS". Btw, once in interview, Brian May told, that Rolling Stone always hated Queen. More proof of this magazine's idiocy. 2_sm5.gif

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Staff online

Members online