C

chris_6t9r

Out of.......

1: Eddie Van Halen and Angus Young

2: Joe Satriani and Steve Vai

3: Kirk Hammet and Slash

4: Malcom Young and Tom Morello

5: Carlos Santana and John Frusciante

Just out of interest, that's all. I realise this kind of thread's probably been done before

cnbpjb

Reaction score
I would still say the best guitarist of all time would have to be:

[size=+6]Jimi Hendrix[/size]

Although you forgot about another guitarist similiar to Steve Vai and Joe Satariani: Eric Johnson

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I actually can't answer any of them but #1 because I only listen to Santana, Morello, and Slash very much at all. But for #1 I'd say Eddie Van Halen. I like Angus Young but Eddie was pretty awesome.

Someone I'd rate highly would be Stevie Ray Vaughn. I never understood ANY of his awesomety until I watched a live DVD of him and heard & saw how great he was.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
My personal favorite is Ritchie Blackmore.

But as far as your list of players:

Angus vs. EVH - Eddie all the way. I like 'em both, but Eddie Van Halen revolutionized guitar playing with his technique. Angus Young is a great rock player who does so much with basically four chords (A, D, E and G).

Satch vs. Vai - I'll go with Joe. Vai can get downright odd at times. I've seen them both and enjoy Satriani's music more although Vai has awesome stage presence.

Kirk Hammett vs. Slash - Neither is my cup of tea, but I'll go with Slash purely for the classic rock style.

Malcom Young vs. Tom Morello - Haven't listened to much Tom Morello but I dig Malcom Young's rock solid rhythm playing.

Carlos Santana vs. John Frusciante - Again I'm more familiar with Carlos so I'll give him the nod. Excellent melodic player. Hope You're Feeling Better and Winning are two of my favorite songs.

Last edited:

kvcoty

Reaction score
AboutAGirl said:
I actually can't answer any of them but #1 because I only listen to Santana, Morello, and Slash very much at all. But for #1 I'd say Eddie Van Halen. I like Angus Young but Eddie was pretty awesome.

Someone I'd rate highly would be Stevie Ray Vaughn. I never understood ANY of his awesomety until I watched a live DVD of him and heard & saw how great he was.

I wholeheartedly agree!!!!!! He's My number one. SRV!!!

Guitarplayer1989

Reaction score
Definitly would have to go with Eddy. He's my favorite guitarist anyway.
However for #2 I'd have to go with Vai. Both are extremely great at guitar but I kinda like Vai's oddness better than Satriani. My favorite song is "The Audience is Listening" but that's beside the point.
#3 - Slash definitly. GNR and Velvet Revolver are great. Metallica sometimes gets a little too heavy for me, but Hammet is cool too.
#4 - I'd have to go with Malcom Young basically because i don't know Tom Morello's stuff at all.
#5 - Again i dont knowJ ohn Frusciante too well, so definitly Santana. But that's also because Santana is so melodic and great anyway.

cunundrumpw

Reaction score
AboutAGirl said:
Agreed. Vaughan is an awesome guitarist. He can play both hard rock and blues. An excelent example of this is his cover of Voodoo Child (Slight Return).

R

Rocker

i think page is the best one riff had me on my knees worseshiping him

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online

No members online now.