Who had the best concerts?

jimmyn321

Banned
Reaction score
Who had the best concerts in your opinion? I would have to say KISS or The Ramones. But what do you think?

squeedle53

Chunkadelic!
Reaction score
Wings, Yes, Pink Floyd, Stones (early), Moody Blues (again, early), Queen.
Those are my top six, there are many, many more.

finebyfive

Reaction score
Are you talking "of all times"?

I went to the Chicago / Heuy Lewis concert a few months ago, and I have to say Heuy put on a good show.
I went for Chicago, but was a little disapointed by their performance.

magnoliasteve

Reaction score
My favs

The Rolling Stones (Beggars Banquet era)
Emerson Lake and Palmer (Works era)
Alice Cooper (Billion Dollar Baby era)
YES (Fragile era)
Pink Floyd (Meddle era)
Crosby Stills Nash Young (Deja Vu era)
Steppenwolf (Monster era. man they kicked ass)
Metallica (ok, not 70's but they are whippin)
Jethro Tull (Aqualung era)

Nirvanadude

Vinyl Collector
Reaction score
Blue Oyster Cult put on a great show back in the early 80s before the Bouchards left the band.
Still remains as the loudest concert I've ever been to!

Triumph was also a great band to see live.

aerozep

Reaction score
I saw Grand Funk Railroad in 1997,it was 1969 all over again and then some...
I was lucky enough to see Cream last year,and they were blistering.
I saw Jimmy Page with the Black Crowes in 2000,now that's rock 'n' roll.
I saw the Rolling Stones last year and they were performing like a new band trying to make it .
I have seen Aerosmith at least 25 times over the years,back in '74 they opened for Black Sabbath and blew them off the stage...well,I also saw them last year and they were yes older,but sooooooo good.
I saw Robert Plant many times,but his 1990 tour was the best,he was without any doubt the best concert of that year and he wasn't bad in 2003 either.
And believe it or not I've seen Jethro Tull(yes he is still alive)over the years and he generally puts on a good show.

good times to you all concert goers.
PEACE
Aerozep

PS do think Ja Rule or Busta Rhythms will be around 30 years from now.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
aerozep said:
And believe it or not I've seen Jethro Tull(yes he is still alive)over the years and he generally puts on a good show.

Jethro Tull (1674 - 1741)

Born into Berkshire gentry, Tull studied law at Gray's Inn in preparation for a high flying political career. However, continuing illness stalled these plans and, after his marriage in 1699, he began farming with his father in Wallingford. He was not a natural: he hated the work and resented the reduction in profits caused by his labourers' salaries.

Eventually, as agricultural improvement became fashionable, more interest began to be taken in Tull's ideas. In 1731 he published his book, The New Horse Hoeing Husbandry, detailing his system and its machinery. It caused great controversy at the time, and arguments continued for another century before his eventual vindication. While several other mechanical seed drills had also been invented, Tull's complete system was a major influence on the agricultural revolution and its impact can still be seen in today's methods and machinery.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Deep Purple's 1984 reunion/Perfect Strangers tour was the best show I've ever seen. Stage show and musically. I've been a Blackmore disciple ever since. I wish he'd lose the tunic and rock again.

Jeff Beck always impressed me purely on the music.

Triumph put on a great show. Rik Emmett is highly underrated.

Buff

~going mobile~
Reaction score
The concert that tops my list is Delicate Sound of Thunder by Pink Floyd. There's just not a bad seat in the house at a Floyd concert. The Who does a mighty good show too, and they do it just playing, they don't have fancy stages or lights. It's cool to see (and hear!) Roger twirling that mic, and Pete doing the full spiral windmills (and holding his ears).

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Best concerts I've been to:
The Who in 1989-LOUD and awesome
Page and Plant/1998-Intense though relaxed atmosphere
Rolling Stones 1998-Best Stones show I have ever attended....Mick had SO much energy and the band rocked tightly..
Boston/Foreigner/1985--double bill with both bands playing their best.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online