Who had the best concerts?

seberly

Reaction score
Are you talking "of all times"?

I went to the Chicago / Heuy Lewis concert a few months ago, and I have to say Heuy put on a good show.
I went for Chicago, but was a little disapointed by their performance.

I saw this concert too, and I agree with you. I loved Huey Lewis he was much better than i thought, and Chicago seemed a bit stale to me. it seems to me they've played those songs so many times that their just going thru the motions.

seberly

Reaction score
I have a few..
the first ringo starr all starr band
anything alice cooper
counting crows with the wallflowers
journey with peter frampton and john waite

Special_K

Reaction score
Im kinda surprised to not see Zeppelin any where. I have not been fortunate enough to see any concerts but i think glam rock like Queen and Bowie would be awesome in concert.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I saw Zep when they toured on 'Houses of the Holy' and it was pretty amazing. it was John Bonham's birthday and they did a Bonus drum solo "moby dick'. Page bowed his guitar and everybody seemed to be high on something. hell of a night. I'll never forget it!

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I wish I'd seen more of the great acts in this thread! check out some you tube on Alice or SAHB, those guys were really showmen!

If I had it to do all over again, I'd probably still have seen Zep.

HeadBanger

Reaction score
I've seen many bands but Rush, ZZTop, Cheap Trick, Ted Nugent, Bob Seger stand out as those that I've seen several times and they never dissapoint. I know there are others but I'm buzzin'.

Kelldreke07

Reaction score
OH yeah Kiss really knew how to put on a show. Which is why they ended up closing shows in the early days. The headliners that Kiss opened for could never follow the stage show Kiss put on. Styxx was another band that could put on a show. Let's also not forget the kind of shows Alice Cooper on.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Guitarist Roy Buchanan was great when I saw him live so long ago. It is so sad he is gone. I hate to think of the pain he was in that he killed himself in jail. What a waste of a great guitarist. He made "Hey Joe" his own. This is no small deed given it was Jimi's tune. I think his was one of the best concerts I have ever seen.

There's much speculation whether he killed himself or if the police had something to do with it and covered it up. Either way it was a tragic loss. I didn't get into him until after his death unfortunately. For a Telecaster sound that covered blues, rock and country styles he was tops.

Last edited:

billtjr51

Reaction score
Roy Buchanan is one of my favorite guitar players. I never got to see him either. I saw Carlos Santana twice, and he was great. Kim Simmonds of Savoy Brown is great live also. I saw them (Savoy Brown) 3 times.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.