Who Best Represented The Spirit of RocknRoll??

newdawnfades

Reaction score
I think Angus Young should wave the flag of rocknroll himself actually. Is there really a better spokesman?

010130-2,0.jpg

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
See, I find this difficult because my inclination is to go for what is the generally accepted definition of rock 'n roll...guitars, devil may care attitude, healthy disrespect for authority...uh, tight trousers?

Bu the problem is this: that kind of music is not among my favorite...usually.

Which would then lead me to question why I even bother posting at forums designated for classic rock in the first place. :confused:

Nirvanadude

Vinyl Collector
Reaction score
Martin Q. Blank said:
See, I find this difficult because my inclination is to go for what is the generally accepted definition of rock 'n roll...guitars, devil may care attitude, healthy disrespect for authority...uh, tight trousers?

Bu the problem is this: that kind of music is not among my favorite...usually.

Which would then lead me to question why I even bother posting at forums designated for classic rock in the first place. :confused:

Martin-my friend,
Just kick back and enjoy, have fun, let's talk about parkula (saw the movie by the way- wow! what a hottie) These forums (at least from my perspective) are not exclusive to classic rock. You have a plethora of knowledge about music and many other things. You have much to contribute

Hell, I wouldn't have given the White Stripes the time of day until I read your posts.

We must continue our debate on Episode I &II

Keep posting - I enjoy 'em ;)

Last edited:

Nirvanadude

Vinyl Collector
Reaction score
newdawnfades said:
I think Angus Young should wave the flag of rocknroll himself actually. Is there really a better spokesman?

010130-2,0.jpg

I don't know which is scarier- An old and balding Angus or that dude's ass LOL

(we need a LOL smiley Shag) :D

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
Nirvanadude said:
Martin-my friend,
Just kick back and enjoy, have fun, let's talk about parkula (saw the movie by the way- wow! what a hottie) These forums (at least from my perspective) are not exclusive to classic rock. You have a plethora of knowledge about music and many other things. You have much to contribute

Hell, I wouldn't have given the White Stripes the time of day until I read your posts.

We must continue our debate on Episode I &II

Keep posting - I enjoy 'em ;)

Aw shucks. :eek:

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
Spike said:
50s - Little Richard
60s - The Beatles
70s - Bruce Springsteen
80s - Talking Heads
Overall - Elvis Presley

Spike

Elvis? Really?

I can see why, but on the other hand, I can't really support the idea that an artist who had so little to do with his own success truly embodies the spirit of rock and roll. He had charisma, I'll give him that...but I truly feel the scope of his talent is quite overrated.

OTOH, I think Little Richard is an outstanding choice. To me, Little Richard, Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly really embody the spirit of '50s rock and roll...not Elvis.

newdawnfades

Reaction score
Elvis is an excellent choice. I really don't see how hard you had to work has anything to do necessarily with embodying rock. Alot of it came so easy to Elvis, and I think because of that he often gets dismissed and underestimated as an artist.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online