Who Best Represented The Spirit of RocknRoll??

newdawnfades

Reaction score
Which band had RocknRoll written all over them? Which rocked the best? Which had the heart of Rock emblazoned on their chest?

By decade, who were they?

60's - ?
70's - ?
80's - ?
90's - ?
Overall - ?

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
newdawn when'd you get here? :thumbsup:

60's - The Doors were and are what rock should be with their innovative sound, intellectual lyrics, heavy music and wild ways.
70's - Led Zeppelin was and is what rock should be with their flawless awesome catolouge, excellent command of rock's styles, and their classic singer/guitarist/bass-keys/drum combo.
80's - n/a
90's - Nirvana was and is what rock should be with their unhithered primitivity, meaningful lyrics, heavy chordage, and honest passion.

But needless to say that there were plenty more great bands and artists around.... I actually don't have any favorites.

Foggy Hat

Reaction score
are there any Classic Rock bands that don't have Rock n Roll written all over them? (exept for Dr. Hook and the medecine band)

When ever peolpe asked me which band rock the best, I just say all of them. How could you pick just one?

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
60's - Rolling Stones - the attitude, the look and the rebellious sound
70's - can't pick just one here
80's - R.E.M./U2 - love them or hate them, they certainly made an impact
90's - Nirvana - things got a little boring until they came along and defined the decade
Overall - Lots of good choices here. For me it's Neil Young. He's started out as a rock and roll rebel and he's still a rock and roll rebel. Godfather of grunge! The man is still putting out quality music and he still hasn't sold out ever.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
60's - gonna go with Dylan. him turning electric was a real kick in the pants to everybody who needed a kick in the pants
70's Music Wench is correct. One is tough. But, just to try... I'm gonna go with The Clash. They were something new yet something very based in the traditions of the stuff. many punks wanted rock and roll to end, the clash wanted it to stretch.
80's - They Might Be Giants. small is beautiful.
90's - I just had to go and be difficult, didn't I? I'm gonna say Sonic Youth. Many bands that stood the decade on it's head, I really feel they owe a debt to sonic youth.
so, I'm paying that debt now. I hope there aren't any Late Fees.
overall - gotta say Beatles. From "I wanna hold your hand" to "why don't we do it in the road" is quite a scope for a few years time. Rock and Roll can do that.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
the year they were inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame was maybe the best broadcast ever! watching that guy STILL rolling around on the floor in his shorts made me feel twenty years younger just watching.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online