Whiskey Blues.. Roots Of Rock And Roll

rtbuck

Reaction score
I Love Blues music and in the mid/late 70’s I was in my teens and loved the hard rock/metal stuff but I always liked the Blues based Hardrock like Aerosmith, Foghat, Stones, George Thorogood, Pat Travers, Johnny Winter etc. Around 1982 I was 19 years old working in a supermarket and one day I was talking to a co-worker about seeing Eric Clapton in concert the night before. A few moments later this older customer who looked like Frank Zappa came over to me and asked about the Eric Clapton show(He overheard me talking about it). I said Clapton was great and the guy says “Yeah, I know Clapton’s great but how was the opening band The Fabulous Thunderbirds?” I told him they were a good band and We talked about music for a few minutes. A few days later he showed up and gave me a cassette tape and said “Take this tape, ask one of these cashiers out, and smoke a joint while listening to this tape and you will get laid”…Well, I never smoked a joint and had no desire to and I was a bit shy around girls but I did ask out a girl and did play the cassette in the car and we had a great time listening to the cassette(No I didn’t get laid). Anyway, this cassette had so much great stuff on there by Freddie King, Albert Collins, Albert King, Muddy Waters, Jimmy Reed, Howlin Wolf…etc. This tape truly taught me about the blues and next thing I know I was buying Blues albums.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I Love Blues music and in the mid/late 70’s I was in my teens and loved the hard rock/metal stuff but I always liked the Blues based Hardrock like Aerosmith, Foghat, Stones, George Thorogood, Pat Travers, Johnny Winter etc. Around 1982 I was 19 years old working in a supermarket and one day I was talking to a co-worker about seeing Eric Clapton in concert the night before. A few moments later this older customer who looked like Frank Zappa came over to me and asked about the Eric Clapton show(He overheard me talking about it). I said Clapton was great and the guy says “Yeah, I know Clapton’s great but how was the opening band The Fabulous Thunderbirds?” I told him they were a good band and We talked about music for a few minutes. A few days later he showed up and gave me a cassette tape and said “Take this tape, ask one of these cashiers out, and smoke a joint while listening to this tape and you will get laid”…Well, I never smoked a joint and had no desire to and I was a bit shy around girls but I did ask out a girl and did play the cassette in the car and we had a great time listening to the cassette(No I didn’t get laid). Anyway, this cassette had so much great stuff on there by Freddie King, Albert Collins, Albert King, Muddy Waters, Jimmy Reed, Howlin Wolf…etc. This tape truly taught me about the blues and next thing I know I was buying Blues albums.
Great story rtbuck.. You actually sent me a few CD's awhile back from a secret Santa thing. Still listen to them and enjoy the list of songs you picked out!! :rock:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online