While Heaven Wept

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
While Heaven Wept
While+Heaven+Wept+WHW.jpg

I'm by no means a true metal head so I'll keep this short! I was browsing through Amazons top 100 list and I caught this group! They are labeled Doom but I don't really give a **** if that's accurate or not. I like it and it's definitely metal! :lmao: The instrumental I heard was really laid back but I'm liking the heavier stuff I'm hearing as well! They are pretty epic, have a good vocalist and enough going on to keep the listener glued throughout their 8= minute timeframes! The tracks I'm hearing come off of this album out:

Vast Oceans Lachrymose
whileheavenweptcover.jpg

The first track I heard and enjoyed was the title track which is a great instrumental:

Vast Ocean Lachrymose

Something heavier:

The Furthest Shore Pt. 1 and 2

and one more track for good measure:

They currently have a live album/DVD out but I'm not deep into them enough yet to cover that! Thoughts?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like the cover of the first album you posted Sooty.:D

I'll put them on my list and check them out when I get time.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
It is accurate. I would say this is a mixture of Heavy Metal ,Doom and Progressive .That being the case, it is known as Progressive Epic Doom .Pretty damn good stuff at that. My friend was raving about the release you have all the samples from when it was released and I listened to it but only in the background a couple times and that was not enough to give it the justices it deserves.

Definitely gonna give it another go soon.

joe

Reaction score
Sound a lot like Fates Warning. I didn't know bands were fusing prog and doom. A good thing.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys found interest in this band but for those of you who were going to look deeper into this do you have any follow up thoughts? :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
My thoughts are that I am going to invest in these guys pretty soon! I dug the Furthest shore (both parts)...epic stuff man!!

While Heaven Wept - "The Furthest Shore (Parts 1-3)"

LIVE

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys found interest in this band but for those of you who were going to look deeper into this do you have any follow up thoughts? :)

Haven't picked up any albums yet Sooty,,,when I do will have something to add to your thread.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online