which piece of music has moved you to tears?

dsotm

lunatic in the hall
Reaction score
The Band's "It Makes No Difference" has brought me to tears more than once. Floyd's "Us and Them" has done it to me. Like some one said, a lot of times it's personal memories. I can't listen to Cat Stevens' Sun/C79 without blubbering. Sometimes really good harmony singing can do it to me. You can laugh if you want but there is a Swedish act that consists of two young ladies called First Aid Kit that has brought me to tears with their harmonies. I've been a huge Skynyrd fan since Pronounced was released and still listen to their pre-crash music a lot. Freebird still can get the faucet running. Hail to the greatest American rock band, Pre-crash Lynyrd Skynyrd. R.I.P-Ronnie, Allen, Billy, Leon, Steve. Cried when each of these guys died. Crying now.

"If I leave here tomorrow would you still remember me?"

darklands

everything's broken, and my Stacys are soaking wet
Reaction score
Cast - Walkaway (cos it was on the radio, late summer, the day after my dog died suddenly).

Tom Waits - Kentucky Avenue

Take the spokes from your wheelchair
and a magpies' wings
and tie 'em to your shoulders and your feet
I'll steal a hacksaw from my dad
and cut the braces off your legs
and we'll bury them tonight in the cornfield

Knowing how some people think about Tom, they'd probably react differently to this!

juno1canada

Reaction score
The Band's "It Makes No Difference" has brought me to tears more than once. Floyd's "Us and Them" has done it to me. Like some one said, a lot of times it's personal memories. I can't listen to Cat Stevens' Sun/C79 without blubbering. Sometimes really good harmony singing can do it to me. You can laugh if you want but there is a Swedish act that consists of two young ladies called First Aid Kit that has brought me to tears with their harmonies. I've been a huge Skynyrd fan since Pronounced was released and still listen to their pre-crash music a lot. Freebird still can get the faucet running. Hail to the greatest American rock band, Pre-crash Lynyrd Skynyrd. R.I.P-Ronnie, Allen, Billy, Leon, Steve. Cried when each of these guys died. Crying now.

"If I leave here tomorrow would you still remember me?"

I am a little late to acknowledge the October 20, 1977 plane crash that took 4 members of Skynyrd. One of the saddest days of rock n' roll.

I will give you one of their greatest songs that always moves me to tears.
Lynyrd Skynyrd; Simple Man

Saiyan Rocker

The Legendary Super Rocker
Reaction score
Simple man gets to me too.

This song is one that means so much. My late grandmother just love Elton and Sting which is how I know so much about these artist. Every time I listen to it, it always moves me. When he played it at the concert I cried. This song will always move me and it is also my favorite song of his.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online