which piece of music has moved you to tears?

Genie1

Reaction score
I got thinking about this when I read an interview with Nikki Sixx Motley/Sixx AM and he said - he had never been moved to tears by a piece of music. That's when I thought - yes he's a business man first and musician second, just like Gene Simmons. For me part of loving music is being moved by it. Sometimes its because someone has passed that listening to how good they were does it for me. Thin Lizzy - Still in Love with You - when he sings 'I think I'll fall to pieces - if I don't find something else to do' Gets me everytime. Some guitar solos take you away and almost hurt they are so beautiful. Gary Moore Still got the Blues what a guitarist he was, What piece moves you?

Last edited:

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Not moved to tears but certainly moved by many tracks, and none more so than 'Time' from DSOTM. I have seen Roger Waters in an interview slightly ridicule the lyrics on DSOTM, calling them 'A bit lower sixth' (this would be an English Grammar School term Roger would be familiar with referring to a student around the age of 17). But for me, and I'm pretty sure he would disagree with this, Roger hit his absolute peak as a lyricist on DSOTM. And with 'Time' he somehow managed to sum up the life of an average human being in 16 lines. It hit me like a sledgehammer 40 years ago and when I listen to it now it still grabs me.

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
Dear Someone by Mystery really moves me. It's about an anonymous letter written to anyone who'll listen and warning that we need to clean up this world for our children's sake.

Genie1

Reaction score
You are so right! I love DSOTM every bit of it is fabulous.I was driving to work and Wish you were Here came on, what a track, I remember seeing Jason Newsted being moved by that song.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
The Long And Winding Road~Paul McCartney

Every time...

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm drawn to emotional music. Some people look for specific instruments, genres, eras, lyrical depth, a specific volume, etc. My main criteria is catharsis. I have so many songs I go to for this but the following song came specifically when I needed it in relevance to my life and yes, I was shaken teary eyed with the hairs standing up on my arms. This song and I are conjoined now.

Augustines-Walkabout

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I'm drawn to emotional music. Some people look for specific instruments, genres, eras, lyrical depth, a specific volume, etc. My main criteria is catharsis. I have so many songs I go to for this but the following song came specifically when I needed it in relevance to my life and yes, I was shaken teary eyed with the hairs standing up on my arms. This song and I are conjoined now.

Good explanation Sooty. I feel the same about the song I picked. The Long And Winding Road has also made me cry "happy" tears–overcoming tears.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online