Register to remove these ads

What's your favorite Pink Floyd concert DVD?

Discussion in 'Music/Concert DVD 's' started by toolmanmike, Dec 28, 2009.

1. architect

architect Supine In The Sunshine

Such great early stuff! :grinthumb

2. Masherbrum

Masherbrum Riding the Steel Breeze

I saw both shows in Pontiac Michigan in 1994. I ASSURE YOU, they were far from being "impersonal". To even hint that, is nothing short of ludicrous. I went just for the MUSIC, the effects were icing on the cake. To date, it is the loudest, but most crystal clear show I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.

Gilmour's 2006 show notwithstanding. I took my wife to the Toronto show and gave her the better seat on the main floor. Why? I've seen Gilmour's Pink Floyd 3 times and just wanted to hear God's Guitarist play the music with Rick. But she had never seen him and regrets turning down my offer to buy her a ticket in 1994 when we were dating.

To criticize "stage height", well that would be a subject for another day.

3. Masherbrum

Masherbrum Riding the Steel Breeze

Of course the 2nd Lineup is the best. Of course the "smaller venues" are better.

The Wall footage is horrible and even when blended with the "Is there anybody out there?" music, you hear the horrible.....but touched up Guthrie sound quality. The original masters were damaged in a flood in "Pink Floyd's Vault" (Britannia Row I would assume).

Even funnier are how 2-3 reels of film are still "missing" from Live at Pompeii. Someone has them, as they were not tossed.

4. gguerra

gguerra Senior Member

On a side note and for those "die-hard" Floyd fans I found this site which is in Portuguese (and English) but seems to have a lot of Floyd material both video and audio.

The Pink Floyd Collectors

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  5. sco703

sco703 Senior Member

Mine has got to be Pulse. I love watching Pulse. It is such an amazing show with the lights and special effects. Live at Pompeii is great too, but Pulse to me is just more entertaining.

I still have yet to see the entire Delicate Sound of Thunder.

6. LG

LG Fade To Black

^^I love both Pulse and Delicate... Sco703, the set list is very close to the same for both shows, my friend thinks the production values of Pulse are better, seeing it's done a few years after Delicate was recorded, I still have my old VHS copy and it's held up rather well I have to say.

7. SmokeyMcBongWater

SmokeyMcBongWater Junior Member

I have a reasonably large collection of Pink Floyd (and many other classic rock bands) bootleg dvds. Is there any facility on classicrockforums for setting up postal trades (or perhaps sharing vines) with anyone who might be interested?

8. t_ado

t_ado Junior Member

live at pompeii is really good. the way it's filmed and edited, and the atmosphere of it is perfect.

9. Metal Head Mike

Metal Head Mike Senior Member

Pompelli for me. But I do enjoy Pulse & Delicate Sound Of Thunder