What's your favorite Pink Floyd concert DVD?

Vintage

Vintage Rocker
Reaction score
This is a good one...
63134-large.jpg

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score
Waiting for either Pulse or Delicate Sound on Blu-Ray.. No so much for the better video quality but it should be much improved audio.. Nothing like DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD. It is simply awesome. Can't say enough about it.

Pulse will never be Blu-Ray, as now Gilmour has long admitted to "****ing it up and shooting the video in VHS, instead of film". The VHS format cannot be "enhanced anymore than the standard DVD".

I'm not sure if Delicate was filmed in VHS, but since that hasn't even been released on DVD, I can only speculate that the masters are messed up something fierce.

My first concert was Floyd in August of 88 and I saw both Pulse shows. Pulse is still the LOUDEST concert I have been to and it wasn't echoing, nor distorted.

Live at Pompeii is a great DVD, I just wish they wouldn't have lost some of the reels. It also sucks they break up Echoes, but it is DEFINITELY worth getting.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have Delicate... on VHS Masher and I am not sure if it was recorded on film or VHS, the quality of the tape was awesome for it's day, I blew more people away with that one tape than any other in the collection.(I am sure it was filmed, I remember they used "Arriflex" cameras for filming the concert, I'll play my tape and see what the credits say.)

If it wasn't filmed then we won't see it upgraded, but that's okay with me, I have copied my tape to DVD so I will always have a copy to play, tapes wearing out over time.

I still like Delicate better than Pulse, both are excellent.

chrisinger

LP PROPRIETOR ON EBAY
Reaction score
Ive got an OUTSTANDING remastered version of "The Wall Live" Earls Court 1980 DVD with a documentary and concert artifact slideshow at the end!
Hands down my favorite, other than my Alan Parsons Quad Mix for Dark Side on DVD-Audio but i guess that doesnt qualify as a concert DVD. Just wanted to throw that out there!

CREAM'd

Reaction score
The only one I have is Pompeii,I will be buying Pulse soon.I play all my music/DVD on a surround system,the Pompeii DVD isn't in 5.1 it only plays in 2.1,it's a shame.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online