:dunno:

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
If I had read the original post correctly then I would have posted:

Favorite high school yrs station: WGCL in Cleveland

35jvtw7.jpg

Favorite DJ: Dancin' Danny Wright

This station then changed to WNCX in 1986 and is still on the air. My favorite DJ from then on was Mr. Classic.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Due to the lack of decent classic rock stations in South Australia (or at least that I knew about as a child), I'd listen to this:

88005_triple_m_1047_fm.JPG

Pretty lame, they'd include classic rock hits with recent pop releases. Had a strange obsession with the pop of the 80's...:bonk:

But, they've had good breakfast shows in recent times, so that's a plus.

I wish I'd been around to listen to FM radio in the 60's/70's :heheh:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Ha ha, Flower. Very funny (but thanks :)).

Yeah, KMET certainly was the rock radio station of choice back in the 70's but they had lots of competition in the early 80's from fellow rock radio KLOS and the up and coming (and soon-to-be-World-Famous) New Wave/Alternative station KROQ. Ultimately it was the combination of hair band station 100.3 Pirate Radio and metal station 105.5 KNAC in the mid-to-late-80's that did KMET in for good in 1987.

But I listened to it all. L.A. radio was awesome throughout the 70's and 80's. Sadly, Pirate Radio was sold in 93 and KNAC went under in 96, leaving KLOS and KROQ as the only two stations worth listening to at that time.

20090618_100737_kmet1.jpg
opt_logo_klos.jpg

1474208798_584db4a7c5.jpg 300px-Knac.jpg

490a8c8a01623.jpg

I know there are other radio stations out there that were also popular like Chicago's 98 The Loop, NYC's K-Rock and Hawaii's 98 Rock to name but a few.

I always got a kick out of the 70's rockers who put radio station stickers on their guitar cases, too. :cheers:

Not sure how I missed this thread until just now. I look forward to reading what everyone else has posted so far.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
At Berkeley it was KSMO/KEAR 97.3 based in San Mateo, California - classical music and local news only. Today the station is called KYCY.

Last edited:

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
The only time I really listen to the radio is the one day a week when I get to pick the station on the radio in the lab. I listen to WXRT (Chicago). It's a nice mix of current and classic rock. At one time their playlist was much bolder than it is now, but they were bought by CBS about ten years ago so they've became a little more watered down. Still listen to Johnny B on the Loop when I get the chance though!:grinthumb

Rocker440

Reaction score
kilologo.gif

KBPILOGO4.gif

Were the two that I usually listened to way back then. I don't remember the DJ's names, most times I was a little on the blurred side on my tuner dial! :lmao::tongue:

I don't listen to much FM radio these days, being pretty repetitive with the songs. :huh:

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online