What Music DVD Are You Watching

E-Z

Reaction score
Little Feat?. I could never seem to get into this band for some reason?. The 1970s albums Sailing Shoes, Dixie Chicken and Feats Don't Fail Me Now which I own are all good albums but maybe there was always to many other bands to listen to?.

gguerra

Reaction score
Not a DVD but I thought I would mention it anyway. DVD's are kind of going out of style these days.

I found this gem a couple of days ago.

Dire Straits with Eric Claption. EC plays rhythm for most of it if you can believe it.

E-Z

Reaction score
Just bought the FOCUS 50th Anniversary box set that features 2 dvds of material from the bands glory days 1970-1976 from the BBC and Ireland's RTE television plus a full filmed version of the Rainbow gig from 1973 from Finsbury Park in north London along with a Dutch version of the 'Making of the classic rock album Moving Waves' from 1971 although most of the stuff is in Dutch but the film is ok to watch.

Also with the 50th Anniversary box set all the albums from In And Out Of Focus in 1970 through to Ship Of Memories in 1976 all in good quality min-cd sleeves (several cds in gatefold sleeves as were the original vinyl albums) with original artwork.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
CLAPTON IS GOD(of course he is)

I watched Eric Clapton A Life In 12 Bars dvd from 2018 and it was pretty interesting especially some of the candid stuff about Patti Boyd that was George Harrison's old lady and Eric desiring her then writing and recording Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs album in 1970. Also Eric regarded Jimi Hendrix as a 'close friend' which his untimely death appeared to have a profound effect on Eric.

It appears the death of Jimi Hendrix in September 1970 pushed Eric 'over the edge' and sent him into self-imposed seclusion and decent into 2-3 years of drug addiction at his house in Surrey and only briefly surfacing to perform at the concert for Bangladesh to help his old Beatles mate George Harrison in New York city in August of 1971 before returning to his house in Surrey and back on the smack again.

Also some interesting but slightly out of focus concert film footage of Eric on stage and 'well oiled' during a break in a concert somewhere and telling some heckler in the crowd to come up on stage and he'd sort him out!. That episode was during Eric's well published 'alcoholic phase' during the mid/late 1970s.

Also Eric claims that Cream's music was to aggressive.

Also I picked up a dvd about Ginger Baker called Beware Of Mr.Baker from 2012 but I haven't watched it yet.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
I watched the Ginger Baker bio dvd called Beware Of Mr.Baker and it is quite amusing especially where Ginger is being asked questions by a youngish rock interviewer in Ginger's ranch house in Africa where Ginger quite often after being asked a question will say something to the interviewer like "What?. Listen you stupid idiot" or "F**k off!" or "Your just a dumb yank" ha ha ha... Some of the archive film footage of Ginger is interesting and to be honest Ginger in the 1970s looked very intimidating no wonder a number of rock musicians kept out of his way. I had to laugh when the rock interviewer asks Ginger in 2012 while Ginger was laying down looking f**ked would he Ginger get back out playing in a rock band again?. Ginger looked at the interviewer guy for a couple of seconds and then said loudly F**K OFF!!. Ha ha ha...

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online