Register to remove these ads

What Music DVD Are You Watching

Discussion in 'Music/Concert DVD 's' started by METALPRIEST, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Merlin46

Merlin46 Junior Member

The Moody Blues: Lovely To See You

recgord27 likes this.
  2. Wedgebeat

Wedgebeat Junior Member

51Q2ZGC9YZL._SY445_.jpg
    This concert holds up pretty well given Shane's inebriated state. The band is tight and solid and counterbalances Shane's slurring throughout the concert. Actually I've heard far worse performances from Shane where he's forgotten lines or come in at wrong times. He's actually not bad here. The setlist features mostly Pogues songs and the audio is very good. The one negative is the band playing Hippy Hippy Shake twice.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  3. E-Z

E-Z Senior Member

PAUL DI'ANNO (ex Iron Maiden) THE BEAST ARISES dvd

Paul Di'Anno and 'his' Polish band recorded live in Karkow in Poland in April 2014.

The concert is good if your a Paul Di'Anno fan (like me) although Paul's singing isn't totally the same as it was when he performed on Iron Maiden's first two albums back in 1980 & 1981 respectively but he does a good job overall and as expected Paul offers up a good helping of Iron Maiden numbers off the first two albums along with a couple of numbers off his Killers albums. His 'stage banter' ranges from telling the polish audience that they are the best f**king audience in the world to castigating some of them for being f**king nobodies!!. The band who backs Paul are made up of youngish guy's who all appear to be in there early/mid 20s and are all pretty good to be honest and managed to play all the Iron Maiden numbers note perfect!!.

All in all I'll give it 9/10 although that's because I'm a fan of Paul Di'Anno although other people who aren't fan's of Paul or even Iron Maiden mite mark the concert as 4/10??.

E-Z

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  4. bbif

bbif Senior Member

Been watching Dave Gilmour at Pompeii A LOT since buying a few weeks ago. Here's Run Like Hell

Sharp Dressed Man likes this.
  5. Zeptober

Zeptober Member

Morsefest 2015