What made you buy your last CD?

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
So, I just got the new "Framework" CD by Work of Art, and I can't wait to listen to it tonight. Primarily because of the amazing sound they were able to achieve on their last two albums "In Progress" and "Artwork." Amazing albums. Not the kind of guitar flash I tend to prefer, but all of the production and arrangements that I've loved for the last three decades. And, thinking about that and how I came to learn about them made me curious about a few things... What makes you want to buy rock music? What were the last 3 CDs you bought, and, how do you usually discover new music?

Aero

Reaction score
I only buy CD's that I know are good from start to end or there is a song from the album that I can't get on iTunes.

The last one I bought was 'Run For Your Life' by The Tarney Spencer Band. I was introduced to them by someone on this forum.
61%2Bph%2BpaZpL._SS500_.jpg

Next to last one I bought was 'Eric Woolfson sings The Alan Parsons Project That Never Was'. Decent record with maybe a few good songs. I didn't think it was gonna be all that great but I wanted the whole thing because I was curious about all the songs that almost made it on the albums.
41CeOfM9JFL.jpg

And I think the one before that was quite awhile ago. It's 'Reunion' by Scott Cossu. There's a song on there called 'Shephard's Song' that I think is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. You may remember it from the movie, 'The Chocolate War."
scott_cossu_with_eugene_friesen-reunion(1).jpg

tkitna

Reaction score
I just got Uncle Groovy and Suzi Chunk's "One Vowel Away From The Truth" because I love "I Know Where The Sun Shines" and "Barefoot In The Car Park". Well guess what? "Barefoot In The Car Park" isn't even on that CD. :gig Its a new single. I just assumed without looking at the track listing. Oh well. I like the CD nonetheless.

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
Nothing too unusual or off the beaten track in my case - it was Physical Graffiti by Led Zeppelin. I'd been looking for a copy for a while and found one at a well known store for just £5.99 which I thought was a pretty good price for two discs and fifteen (mostly great) tracks.

I also recently purchased Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited - I really wanted to own Like A Rolling Stone but have been hugely impressed with the whole album. Before that it was Led Zeppelin II and Led Zeppelin III, which I ordered and arrived simultaneously so I'll have to include both here even though that makes four rather than three.

I prefer to buy CDs by my favourite artists, I don't mind downloading less significant releases like Pink Floyd's Obscured By Clouds though. I have made a bit of a policy change recently, I used to download everything except Pink Floyd albums but am now keen on buying more CDs and am considering buying physical copies of albums I've downloaded.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The last CD I bought was KISS "40",nothing on there I hadn't heard before just another compilation but I needed it to complete the collection.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Rush... Hemispheres and Exit Stage Left. 2 for £10 in HMV. Just Permanent Waves to go then all the albums up to 1981.

Philmore

Reaction score
I'm always up for some melodic power metal so I picked up Iron Mask's Fifth Son Of Winterdoom.
Iron_Mask_-_Fifth_Son_of_Winterdoom_(cover).jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online