What is this song?!

wolverine1190

Reaction score
Ok, so I heard a song about a year and a half ago on a satellite radio station. I only got to hear the beginning of it since we were all getting out of the car. I recently got the urge to find this song but I don't remember enough about it. I'm hoping maybe you guys here can throw some options at me that could be the song.

Here's what I know:

- Its from the 70's, at most early 80's. I heard it on a "buzzsaw" classic rock / metal station

- It was very slow paced and quiet, at most I'd say there was a guitar and maybe a bass being played.

-A little bit into the song as the lyrics started, something was mentioned about "your back door"... i know that's vague but i'm pretty sure it was referring to someone sneaking in

-My guess is that's its by Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath, but I'm not sure.

Hoping you guys can help me out, really want to find this song! Thanks for any help! :D

Ok, so I heard a song about a year and a half ago on a satellite radio station. I only got to hear the beginning of it since we were all getting out of the car. I recently got the urge to find this song but I don't remember enough about it. I'm hoping maybe you guys here can throw some options at me that could be the song.

Here's what I know:

- Its from the 80's. I heard it on a "buzzsaw" classic rock / metal station

- It was very slow paced and quiet, at most I'd say there was a guitar and maybe a bass being played.

-A little bit into the song as the lyrics started, something was mentioned about "your back door"... i know that's vague but i'm pretty sure it was referring to someone sneaking in

-My guess is that's its by Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath, but I'm not sure.

Hoping you guys can help me out, really want to find this song! Thanks for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaction score
Hallowed be they name - Iron Maiden, I really can't tell with the info, but maybe haha

wolverine1190

Reaction score
Re: What is this song???

you know, i thought it might have been that song at first so I looked it up. sadly, that's not it :( the singing starts waaaay before anything gets louder in teh song i'm thinking of. the song defnitely has the same level of... i guess "creepiness" as that keyboard intro in knocking at your back door. I know this is a really vague description of the song im giving you guys lol. keep the ideas coming if you think of anything :)

wolverine1190

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the reply, especially since I posted in the 70's forums by accident, and iron maiden is definitely 80's :p. It's not Hallowed be thy name... the intro to the song I'm thinking of is much longer before any singing comes in. I knw the description I gave is really vague. Keep the ideas coming if anyone thinks of anything!

Reaction score
ya, wasn't that on one of their eearly albums like, 84 or ssomething? um...
sorry, I really can't think of anything, I usually listen to classic vynil haha

wolverine1190

Reaction score
Re: What is this song???

just another tidbit... it was really similar in tone and sound to Black Sabbath's "Black Sabbath" .. but it's not that song. Just really similar to it lol

wolverine1190

Reaction score
another "clue" would be it sounds really similar to "Black Sabbath" by Black Sabbath... very similar in tone and style... just not that song lol

heck it may even be from the mid 80's... i dunno :S

Super 10

Reaction score
only skimmed your post, could it possibly be "back door man" by the doors?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online