What is......Death Metal

F

FoxyPage

It often depends on my mood. Sometimes, I feel like listening to one genre all at once and sometimes, I feel like mixing it up. Lately, I've been mixing it up.

For a newer person to the genre, it would probably be easier to listen to what you listen to normally but throw in a few bands from the newer genres you are trying out. That's how I did it, just a gradual move. It might be too much to listen to it all at once and with genres like death and black metal in particular, it can take a bit of time to get used to it.

Once you start listening to more and finding new bands, you get accustomed to it and find a lot of great material. I never thought I would ever listen to death or black metal but I have found many great bands over the years and learned as much as I could about it. I find that knowing more certainly does make the genre more interesting and tolerable.

Hope that helps!

F

FoxyPage

LMAO, hopefully, your head wont explode from going from the super happy poppy tune to the loud, angry, growling, morbid sound!

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
I have neighbours that are huge rap/hip hop/pop fans who I'm sure want to stop by my place and punch me for blasting my stuff, haha.

Neighbours like that might drive me to death metal too.

:wtf:

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
I like Kalmah, but am surprised to see it in a death metal thread. To me it seems and sounds more like melodic black metal. Same goes for Dark Funeral.

Great thread!!

F

FoxyPage

Kalmah are melodic death metal.

Where do you see Dark Funeral?

Thanks for the compliment :)

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Dark Funeral is melodic, yes, for me they are just between black and death. But the tags are not really important, it's the music that is.

And in a death metal thread this song has got to be in there:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online