What do your children like?

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
She's doing pretty good. Is it too late for the others?:D

Well, my youngest daughter (12) is into pop shit and and chart music. She doesn't like the old rock stuff. So she's lost yeah :).

Now some 3 years living with Gonnie, her kids Ton (21) he likes all kind of stuff from rock to dub step. Amber (14) into pop and Thomas (12) into mostly mtv stuff and saying very clearly he will never like rock music. He does like Ram Jam's song Black Betty for whatever reason.

Amber stated after I played her some different voices in music: I think because of you and mam I will like all kinds of music, so she's not lost yet.

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
Well, my youngest daughter (12) is into pop shit and and chart music. She doesn't like the old rock stuff. So she's lost yeah :).

Now some 3 years living with Gonnie, her kids Ton (21) he likes all kind of stuff from rock to dub step. Amber (14) into pop and Thomas (12) into mostly mtv stuff and saying very clearly he will never like rock music. He does like Ram Jam's song Black Betty for whatever reason.

Amber stated after I played her some different voices in music: I think because of you and mam I will like all kinds of music, so she's not lost yet.

You had better work hard on Amber then. :)

I guess you have to let them do their own thing. I'm a huge baseball fan but my son Matty isn't taking to it yet. I hope he does. It would be nice to take him to Boston to see the Sox, but if not....what can you do?

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My daughter, who is 17, is all over the music charts. She is really into music and has been since she sat in her high chair, bouncing her legs to "Boot Scootin' Boogie".

She plays in band, so she gets exposed to everything from Classical to the Classics. She really enjoys retro music...that is her take on anything before 1980. She hates glam metal, which is total opposite of me, and could care less about psychedelic rock......she says that stuff is too weird for her (this is a kid that cranks up Iwrestledabearonce) :uh:

She goes through phases where she will listen to the bubble gum pop stars then cranks up the growls of death metal. She even went through a short phase of electronic music, which she has programs to make her own.

I love the fact that she listens to a wide variety of music! :tup:

snowblue

Reaction score
My 12 year old granddaughter listens to X-Factor winners and pop princesses at the moment. I'll have to try and catch my 24 son when he's awake to ask him...........

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
My kids are 14 years apart.. The older listen to weird stuff like Gordilo and Gypsy
folk..
The younger is a bit more cool with bands like Rammstein and other foreign speaking metal rock groups... Glad he finally out grew Rap...

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
He's 12 :

The Beatles
Queen
The Who
Alice Cooper
AcDc
Kiss
Three Doors Down
Flaming Lips
Greenday
Black Sabbath :grinthumb

and America Idol and it's evil spawn ARE not allowed in this house..but
he disilkes Lady Gaga , Justin Beiber and most pop..aswell :cheers2

Titokinz

Earthbound misfit
Reaction score
I don't have children, most of you would probably consider me to be a child yourselves BUT regarding the music kids are being exposed to today is completely unacceptable. My parents pumped classic rock into my ears day in and day out, sure I like some things of my generation but all the oldies will always be #1 to me. Most of that is because I've grown up with all those bands thanks to folks like yourself that pump all the gooders into their children at young ages.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
My son's favorite songs are

Metal Gods (Priest)
United (Priest)
Pour Some Sugar On Me (Leppard)
Lets Get Rocked (Leppard)
Born In The USA (Springsteen)
Loser (Ayreon)
Amaranth (Nightwish)

There is alot more but these few here I have to put on alot for him...he's 8

:grinthumb