What bands did you like at first, but after.... not so much?

MetalHippie

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
To me, Styx comes to mind. Never liked the Mr. Roboto stuff. Another band was Chicago. I absolutely LOVED the stuff from the 70's. Brilliant. Then the love ballads began.....

I could go on about Aerosmith, Genesis,.... let me hear your opinions of bands you liked more "at first".

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only one I can think of is Van Halen,I still like them but not as much as I used to.

I miss the Sammy era.

Aero

Reaction score
I used to be a huge U2 fan back in the 80s, but then just stopped liking them for whatever reason. Even Rattle and Hum which is one of their best albums, couldn't pull me back in.

I still think they made some really good music, but even their best stuff from their early days doesn't have the same hold on me that it used to.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Rainbow is the band that jumps out for me. The band in the RJD era were superb, and 'Rising' is one of my favourite albums of all time. After Ronnie went Ritchie just seemed to be chasing hit singles, and was desperate to crack The States.

JimJam

Reaction score
Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Loved them for a few years in the '70s, had most of their albums, saw them live a couple of times. Then they started striking me as cold and clunky and i never got over it. I still love prog bands such as Yes and Crimson, as i did in the '70s, but i never rediscovered any appeal whatsoever for ELP.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
^^^

I definitely agree with ELP. I like a handful of their songs but not enough to play the albums. Just like I used to like Aerosmith, Grateful Dead, Counting Crows, U2.

WetWilly

Whiskey Rock-A-Roller
Reaction score
Probably Kiss. Back it the 70s in their prime, I was in my very early teens and a full fledged Kiss Army member, just like most of the USA back then. But as I got older, they got a little more cheesier as the years went by. Don't get me wrong I can still put on Alive! or Rock & Rollover from time to time and take a trip down memory lane, but they wear thin pretty quick now a days.

JimJam

Reaction score
Genesis
I still love the Peter Gabriel years and always will. Some of prog's greatest moments. But after Gabriel left there were two good albums, Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering, and then they famously became a pop band, losing my interest in the process. A few decent songs from those years is the best i can say.

~Banshee~

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reaction score
U2 for me as well, big fan of their very early stuff. Last saw them on the Joshua Tree tour but I was fast losing interest (that said I did like Achtung Baby) Still really enjoy their first 3 albums, couldn't name anything they have done in the last decade.

JimJam

Reaction score
I agree about U2. They've had the occasional worthwhile song since the '90s, which is not saying much. They peaked in the '80s. War is my favorite of those '80s albums.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online