Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
One of my favs by them. Very lightful and nostalgic song. Hunter - is one of the best songwriters ever! 10/10.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
^ Nice!
smiley1715_zpsacd127f6.gif
How's the vinyl?

I have the debut in the re-release series, but that's it so far.

It sounds wonderful! It was one of the first vinyl albums I bought "new" in the early days. I had a lot of garage sale albums, and many were playable (but noisy).
When I got my first "payroll" job, I also got a music addiction. No matter how bad things got, I always bought a new album every two weeks. Funny, most of the possessions I had back then are gone now, but the music albums are still here!

Edit to Add: It's still one of the coolest album covers ever!

It's nice to see these early LZ releases freshly minted.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
^^^ been listening to random youtube tunes from this.

I really like the mood that's created. It's not quite as bluegrass. It certainly has a jazz and blues lean to it.

The atmosphere is smoky and rollicking, which is nice to see. Steve has a way of getting a bit too deep in his political tunes at times. It's nice to see him lighten up a little bit in that regard.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
^^^ been listening to random youtube tunes from this.

I really like the mood that's created. It's not quite as bluegrass. It certainly has a jazz and blues lean to it.

The atmosphere is smoky and rollicking, which is nice to see. Steve has a way of getting a bit too deep in his political tunes at times. It's nice to see him lighten up a little bit in that regard.

You are pretty much spot on, Phil. His intention was to do a full out blues album, but there are traces of bluegrass etc. in there. You are right about the political lyrics, but regardless of that, he's one of the best songwriters out there imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online