Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
This is kinda raw, but the guitar and emotion certainly drive this tune. If ya wondered what Roadhouse Blues were, check here. :D

Roll Your Moneymaker : Hound Dog Taylor & the HouseRockers

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
^ Yup... that's a winner, there.
clapmg9_zps205c51f7.gif
God I love that stuff.

"River Of Deceit" Mad Season (1995)
I could either burn, or cut off my pride and buy some time...

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
^^^ Lucinda is one of those artists that I have mixed feelings about. Her music is incredibly soulful at times, but she seems to jump "genres" alot. On the upside, it's nice to see Tony Joe White on the guitar and mouth harp. I haven't heard the whole album yet, but I read Jakob Dylan was involved in some vocals.

Abraxas

Reaction score
:d

Attachments

• Lindsey-Stirling.jpg
    Lindsey-Stirling.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 23

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
It's coming...

Attachments

• Chicago_during_early_2014_North_American_Cold_Wave.jpg
    Chicago_during_early_2014_North_American_Cold_Wave.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 23

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Perhaps Jet or another member who is an experienced dog owner can help. Harry the two year old Jack Russell X I have adopted is a perfect little gentleman in the house. However, his hunting instinct takes over when we are out walking. I take him to a dog exercise beach every morning for a good run and where he chases seagulls for at least an hour. We walk through some lovely footpaths on the way there and there are open grassy areas with lots of clumps of bushes and trees. All he wants to do is chase rabbits and he pulls like a mad thing on the leash. I can't let him off as he would disappear after the rabbits and there are poisonous snakes in the bushy areas. I get so frustrated with his pulling and because he has bull terrier in him, he is a very strong little dog. My other dog just trots along like a real lady but Harry is no fun to take on a long walk. I can let him off the leash on the beach as all he is interested in is chasing seagulls and plunging into the sea after them :heheh: Apart from his hunting prey instinct and his pulling he is a lovely little dog.

Because Wylie is a terrier and she too was like a little tank with paws, we decided to use a pinch collar for a while. I don't know how you feel about that. Some people think they are just plain cruel. We looked at it from a view that we have a terrier who wants to walk, but a regular collar was useless, and we were afraid she would never be "fun" to walk with. We also decided to teach her that there was a time and place for her to do her natural prey running around (it was in a safe environment) and then we taught here there was a time for walking like a lady, no matter what she saw or smelled. This seemed to relieve both stress on us and her. Since she is a terrier we also gave her a place in our yard that was her very own "dig spot." Until she got the difference between "you may run and hunt," and "you must walk nice," we used a pinch collar and lot's of treats. It worked wonderful. She still has a high prey drive, and she now "tells us" when she sees a squirrel or we can point to the sky and say "birdie." I feel that because we allowed her to keep her natural instincts, but with our rules and boundaries, she isn't so stressed or excitable all the time. She now knows that we have planed a time for her to be a "total terrier." It took a ton of patients and time but it was worth it. Like I said, she gives back to us now, by calmly telling us when there is a squirrel in the tree. We, in turn, allow her to have times (again in her safe place) to chase whatever she wants, even moths and butterflies. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online